Neymar gets red card in PSG comeback win
Published: 11:49 AM, 24 February 2020
Neymar was sent off late on as Paris St-Germain came from behind to get back to winning ways against Girondins de Bordeaux Bordeaux on Sunday.
The Ligue 1 leaders drew 4-4 at Amiens last week before losing 2-1 at Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League and fell behind to a Hwang Ui-jo opener.
Edinson Cavani replied and Marquinhos' first goal was swiftly cancelled out by Pablo in first-half stoppage time.
But Marquinhos and Kylian Mbappe then scored in quick succession before Ruben Pardo's late reply gave Bordeaux hope.
Neymar was shown a second yellow card for a late challenge on Yacine Adli in stoppage time and the Brazilian forward, 28, will now be suspended for Saturday's home game against Dijon.
The victory allowed PSG to stretch their lead at the top of the table to 13 points after Marseille were upset 3-1 at home by Nantes on Saturday.
Captain Thiago Silva came off early on with a muscle injury but fellow Brazilian defender Marquinhos, 25, went on to score his first double since joining PSG in 2013.
And although Cavani scored only his fifth goal of the season, it took the Uruguayan forward, 33, to 200 for PSG since he also moved to the French capital in 2013.
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 87,000
- Lockdown imposed in Khulna
- Infected physician sent to Dhaka from Sylhet
- 3 more infected with coronavirus in Chattogram
- Dengue claims 254 Indonesian lives amid coronavirus
- PM’s gift distributed among 1150 auto-rickshaw drivers
- Six reasons to why men prefer living alone
- Jamalpur under complete lockdown
- Another infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Red flags on 20 houses in Chandpur
- All Rohingya camps ‘lockdown’
- Erdogan tweeted greeting for Shab-e-Barat
- 15-member medical team arriving from China
- 7 samples collected for coronavirus test in Kazipur
- Narsingdi set to lockdown from tomorrow
- 29 fined for violating ‘stay home’ rules in capital
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- British PM Boris Johnson remains stable in ICU
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- PM unveils Tk 72,750cr package to overcome coronavirus impact