Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
Published: 06:46 PM, 17 August 2019 Updated: 06:49 PM, 17 August 2019
Four people including a newly married couple died when a passenger bus collided with a private car on Dhaka-Sylhet highway at Shibpur Upazila of Narsingdi on Friday night. Another four injured were sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
The deceased were identified — Sadia Akhter Sathi, MBA student of the Millennium University of Dhaka, her husband Imran Hossain, her friend Jannat Raisa, and Akibul Hasan.
Sadia Akhter, daughter of Mosharraf Hossain of Bogura. Her husband Imran, son of Abu Hanif of Noakhali. He has a decorator business in Dhaka.
University student Sadia Akhter Sathi and businessman Imran Hossain got married just a week before Eid. They went to Sylhet for honeymoon after Eid. The accident took place while they came back to Shak from Sylhet.
Highway Police and Fire Service said that the couple went to Sylhet to honeymoon after marriage. After the honeymoon and the visit to the shrine, a collision between ‘Shyamoli Parbahan’ bus and their private car took place on Shibpur’s Karachar area on Friday night, police said.
During this, the bus rumpled the private car. The bus lost control and fell into a ditch. Three passengers including the newly married couple were killed on the spot. Itakhola Highway Police, four units of Fire Service of Narsingdi and Shibpur rescued the casualties from the spot.
The five injured were taken to Narsingdi District Hospital. Another died while undergoing treatment. Four of the injured were taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
Read More: 4 killed in bus-private car collision
The relatives of the deceased rushed to the district hospital on Saturday morning after hearing the news of the accident.
Rafiqul Islam, brother of Sathi said, “Sathi and Imran got married on the 6th of this month. Four days ago, they went to Sylhet with their friends for the honeymoon and to visit the shrine. On the way back, they died in a road accident. We came to the hospital after receiving reports from the police.”
“We went to the spot after receiving a call from 999,” said Shafiqul Islam, Deputy Assistant Director of the Narsingdi Fire Service, adding, “We saw three people being trapped in a private car. After they were rescued, they were found dead.”
“The private car tried to overtake and collided with the bus. The bus then passed over the private car and fell into a ditch. The private car is being rumpled,” he also said.
Itakhola Highway Police SI Moniruzzaman said that the accident occurred due to the reckless speed. Four people including three students were killed in the accident.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing