Newly-elected MPs to be sworn in today
Published: 09:39 AM, 3 January 2019 Updated: 09:39 AM, 3 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The newly-elected lawmakers to the parliament will be sworn in today (on Thursday).
The oath-taking ceremony will be held at 11:00 am on Thursday. Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury will conduct the oath at the 'Oath Room' in the parliament building.
An official of the Parliament Secretariat confirmed the information to Daily Bangladesh. He said that all the necessary preparations in this regard have been taken.
Earlier on Wednesday, the election commission (EC) has published the Gazette containing the names and addresses of candidates of 298 constituencies. On the same day, the Gazette had been sent to JS Secretariat.
The EC on Tuesday published the results of the 11th Jatiya Sangsad (JS) election through issuing a gazette notification.
The polling was held between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm peacefully amid a festivity in 299 seats out of total 300 on Sunday last as voting in Gaibandha-3 constituency was suspended due to death of a candidate earlier.
However, the results of Brahmanbaria-2 constituency was postponed as voting in three centers of the constituency was suspended.
According to the results of the poll, Awami League bagged 259 seats, HM Ershad-led Jatiya Party secured 20 seats while BNP got just five seats.
Workers Party bagged three seats while Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal two seats, Bikalpa Dhara Bangladesh two seats and Tariqat Federation one seat.
Gonoforum bagged two seats while Manju-led Jatiya Party (JP) one seat and independent candidates got three seats.
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
- Countrywide Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign June 22
- JS sitting adjourned till 3 pm tomorrow
- Areas where gas supply shut on Monday
- 136 official promoted as Joint Secretary
- FSA chair exempted from contempt charge
- `Swajan` service to prisoners
- SC cancels Hallmark chairman’s bail
- Over 40% of newly elected Indian lawmakers facing charges
- Huge crowds march call for city leader to step down
- Have you ever said to father? `Love you`
- Heatwave kills 40 in Bihar in a day
- Journos’ 9th wage-board declaration soon
- Temperature may rise by (1-2)° C
- Pakistan bowl against arch-rivals India
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Momen urges to expedite Teesta deal
- Jail prisoners get high-quality food in breakfast
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight with BGB
- Driver-helper killed as truck overturns
- Saudi Arabia blames Iran for tanker attacks
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Health checkup for Hajj pilgrims begins on June 16
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Holy Eid al-Adha on Aug 12!
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BJP-TMC clash killed 4 killed in India`s West Bengal
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- England wins beating Windies
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’