Newly-elected MPs to be sworn in today
Published: 09:39 AM, 3 January 2019 Updated: 09:39 AM, 3 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The newly-elected lawmakers to the parliament will be sworn in today (on Thursday).
The oath-taking ceremony will be held at 11:00 am on Thursday. Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury will conduct the oath at the 'Oath Room' in the parliament building.
An official of the Parliament Secretariat confirmed the information to Daily Bangladesh. He said that all the necessary preparations in this regard have been taken.
Earlier on Wednesday, the election commission (EC) has published the Gazette containing the names and addresses of candidates of 298 constituencies. On the same day, the Gazette had been sent to JS Secretariat.
The EC on Tuesday published the results of the 11th Jatiya Sangsad (JS) election through issuing a gazette notification.
The polling was held between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm peacefully amid a festivity in 299 seats out of total 300 on Sunday last as voting in Gaibandha-3 constituency was suspended due to death of a candidate earlier.
However, the results of Brahmanbaria-2 constituency was postponed as voting in three centers of the constituency was suspended.
According to the results of the poll, Awami League bagged 259 seats, HM Ershad-led Jatiya Party secured 20 seats while BNP got just five seats.
Workers Party bagged three seats while Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal two seats, Bikalpa Dhara Bangladesh two seats and Tariqat Federation one seat.
Gonoforum bagged two seats while Manju-led Jatiya Party (JP) one seat and independent candidates got three seats.
- icddr,b’s Rohingya response shared with partners
- AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
- Comm formed to probe Ducsu polls irregularities
- Singer Putul got married
- Bangladesh to play Bahrain on Friday
- Authorities failed to ensure traffic discipline: Asaduzzaman Mia
- Quader is improving, to be moved to cabin next week: Physician
- Lalan Festival to end Friday
- 3 students among 6 killed in road crashes
- Probe comm visits Bagaichhari killing spot
- Williamson receives Sir Richard Hadlee Medal
- Tk 40.18 cr incentive for Aush farming
- BNP to be extinct party for wrong politics: Tofail
- 33rd Infantry Div clinches Army Hockey title
- Shakib gets NOC for IPL
- ‘ICT in traffic mgt may reduce jam’
- Five mosques attacked with sledgehammers in Birmingham
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in Netrakona
- OIC invites UN, EU, OSCE to Istanbul meeting on Islamophobia
- Study links severe gum disease to raised dementia risk
- Holey Artisan case`s hearing adjourned till Mar 27
- BGMEA polls in April
- Brave and smart cricket will win World Cup: Buttler
- Sane `lucky` after `vicious foul` in draw
- NZ imam preparing for emotional Friday prayer
- PM for no development affecting people
- May in Brussels to urge short Brexit delay
- Miraz to tie knot today, Fizz tomorrow
- Real Madrid a dream club: Pogba
- Road crash kills madrasa teacher in Kallyanpur
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- National SME fair begins
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Tigers left New Zealand
- PM visits Tangail to distribute RP Saha Gold Medal