Newborn declared dead at DMCH stirs during burial
Published: 03:31 PM, 23 April 2018
A baby pronounced dead at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on Monday after delivery stirred up when she was being buried some hours later. Now, she is at hospital in critical care.
The newborn, named Mim, was “stillborn” to Minhaz Uddin and Sharmin Akhter, a family from Savar, at around 8:00am, the death certificate of Dhaka medical shows.
She was brought to Azimpur graveyard and being washed before burial when she stirred up, said Hafizul Islam, a caretaker at the graveyard. “It was then we realised that the baby was alive.”
The newborn’s maternal uncle Shariful Islam told journalists, the baby was first rushed to a local clinic in Azimpur, and then to Dhaka Shishu (Children) Hospital at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar.
Doctors there say the child is in critical care and that her condition has improved a little.
Prof Md Abdul Aziz, director of the hospital, in a press briefing at the hospital premises, said that the staff of the hospital will put in their utmost efforts to try and save the baby.
Contacted this afternoon, Brig Gen AKM Nasir Uddin, director of Dhaka Medical College Hospital, said he was unaware of the incident and that he would give a comment after further inquiry.
Last reported, baby Mim was attending treatments at the ICU, while her mother at Dhaka medical.
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus