Newborn declared dead at DMCH stirs during burial
Published: 03:31 PM, 23 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
A baby pronounced dead at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on Monday after delivery stirred up when she was being buried some hours later. Now, she is at hospital in critical care.
The newborn, named Mim, was “stillborn” to Minhaz Uddin and Sharmin Akhter, a family from Savar, at around 8:00am, the death certificate of Dhaka medical shows.
She was brought to Azimpur graveyard and being washed before burial when she stirred up, said Hafizul Islam, a caretaker at the graveyard. “It was then we realised that the baby was alive.”
The newborn’s maternal uncle Shariful Islam told journalists, the baby was first rushed to a local clinic in Azimpur, and then to Dhaka Shishu (Children) Hospital at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar.
Doctors there say the child is in critical care and that her condition has improved a little.
Prof Md Abdul Aziz, director of the hospital, in a press briefing at the hospital premises, said that the staff of the hospital will put in their utmost efforts to try and save the baby.
Contacted this afternoon, Brig Gen AKM Nasir Uddin, director of Dhaka Medical College Hospital, said he was unaware of the incident and that he would give a comment after further inquiry.
Last reported, baby Mim was attending treatments at the ICU, while her mother at Dhaka medical.
- Get driving license after eye and dope test: HC
- Rohingya wants to return after ensuring recognition
- Warner hits ton, Australia heading for big total
- Novoair increases flights to Jashore
- US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile
- Soumya makes brekthough for Bangladesh
- National Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign on June 22
- Rohingyas’ ardor to return home on refugee day
- Prisoner dies in Kashimpur jail
- ‘Dhaka Attack’s villain Taskeen got married
- Rana`s bail stay till July 1
- Provide Tk 50 within 2 months to Rajib’s family: HC
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- 9 to die for killing C’nawabganj Jubo League leader
- Rain, thundershowers likely to continue
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Tigers look for Cardiff 2005 encore in Nottingham
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges