New route being built on Dhaka to Ctg-Sylhet
Published: 02:03 PM, 29 January 2020 Updated: 02:19 PM, 29 January 2020
To enter and exit in the capital Dhaka, a new route for the eastern part of the country, i.e., Chattogram and Sylhet will be constructed. As an alternative route, the Hatirjheel-Rampura Bridge-Banasree-Shekher Jayga-Amulia-Demra Highway (Chattogram Road Intersection and Tarab Link Highway) will be upgraded to four lanes.
The project that will be cost at Tk 1,209.60 crore was approved on Tuesday at a meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC).
The project is named as ‘Public-Private Partnership (PPP) based on Hatirjheel-Rampura Bridge-Banasree-Shekher Jayga-Amulia-Demra Highway to upgrade four lanes.’ It will be implemented by the Roads and Highways Department (RHD).
The implementation time has been fixed between January 2020 to December 2024.
With the implementation of the project, people of Tejgaon, Rampura, Hatirjheel, Gulshan and Badda areas will be able to travel from Dhaka to Sylhet Highway and Chattogram Highway in a very short time. In addition, they will be able to enter the capital within a short time without using Mayor Mohammad Hanif Flyover.
RHD says Jatrabari and Saidabad are the main routes for all vehicles of Chattogram and Sylhet divisions to enter and exit the capital. By introducing the alternative routes, the four-lane upgrade project of Rampura-Amulia-Demra-Chattogram Raod based on PPP will have a viable role to reduce traffic congestion.
The road will connect Dhaka city with the country’s most important road network, National Highways Dhaka-Chattogram (N-1) and Dhaka-Sylhet (N-2).
It was also mentioned that the PPP project has been launched to meet the increasing transportation demand of the two national highway corridors in Dhaka-Chattogram and Dhaka-Sylhet and to create an access-controlled expressway to create new options for entering and exiting Dhaka city.
- Taiwan records its first coronavirus death as global toll passes
- Students must lead to build drug-free society: Menon
- Qatar keen to recruit skilled manpower from Bangladesh
- Central Zone sniffs victory with Shanto’s double century
- Singapore expatriate wife leaves home over coronavirus panic
- Meeting between Managing Directors of DSE, CSE
- ‘Basic Concept of Islamic Banking’ workshop held
- Bandits kill 30 in northwest Nigeria attack: police
- Coronavirus could damage global growth in 2020: IMF
- Interest rates reduced in Post Office saving schemes
- College-boy killed in Lalmonirhat road accident
- Russian solder proposes using 16 tanks
- 2 doctors killed in Tangail road crash
- Perfect weight according to height
- 2 motorcyclist killed in Sunamganj road crash
- How much salt needed to lose weight?
- Bkash agent killed in Jashore road crash
- Sharif joins housing and public works ministry
- Arvind Kejriwal takes oath
- 50,000 people suffer for lack of bridge
- Legal procedures to follow for Khaleda`s parole: Anisul
- Two killed in Tangail road accident
- Yasir hits career-best knock as North Zone takes lead
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Accused in multiple cases in Sirajganj detained
- Husband with arms, wife having bullets detained
- Motorcyclist killed in Kushtia road crash
- Haven`t received Khaleda Zia`s parole appel: Kamal
- Six World Cup-winning U-19 players in BCB XI
- Bogura-1, Jashore-6 and CCC polls Mar 29
- All News »
- Massacre in Thailand: Killer army shot dead
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- Bangladesh clinch maiden U-19 World Cup
- Soldier who killed 26 in Thailand shot dead
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- Bangladesh under pressure as Bishnoi strikes thrice
- Soumya to get married this month
- Young Tigers to face India
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Teacher jailed for providing cheat sheets
- Soumya with future wife
- Young Tigers need 178-run to win WC
- Bangladesh-India XIs in U-19 final
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Avishek hunts India first
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666