New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
Published: 02:57 PM, 15 January 2020
The results of the recruitment test for the posts of Assistant Teacher for Government Primary School were released in December last year. Though they are scheduled to start teaching in February — before this, a new complexity has started around the appointment.
The High Court on Tuesday issued a rule seeking to find out why the results of December 24 by violating the ‘Primary School Teacher Recruitment Rule 2013’ would not be declared illegal.
The High Court bench comprising Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Md Mostafizur Rahman issued the rule. 16 government primary recruiters filed a writ petition with the High Court centering the validity of the result.
The court also sought to know why the new results would not be announced following the ‘Primary School Teacher Recruitment Rule 2013’ announcement, rejecting the declared results.
Within the next 10 days, the Secretary of the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education, the Director-General of the Directorate of Primary Education and the concerned officials have been asked to respond to the rule.
Lawyer Md Kamal Hossain was heard on behalf of the writ while Deputy Attorney General Amit Talukder was present for the state.
Section 7 of the ‘Primary School Teacher Recruitment Rule 2013’ states that direct recruitment posts will be filled through 60 percent female candidates, 20 percent nominee candidates, and the remaining 20 percent will be filled through male candidates — under this rule.
The writ claims that the results of December 24 did not follow the provisions of the law.
Meanwhile, the candidates have been announced to join the work field for the vacancy of assistant teachers. They were asked to join the District Education Office on February 16. Their posting order will be issued on February 19.
The Directorate of Primary Education said this in a press release.
The Directorate said the required papers will be scrutinized from January 12-20 for the final selection in the ‘Government Primary School Teacher Appointment 2018’ — then the appointment letter of candidates will be sent through postal mail between January 20-25.
In the meantime, the list of the excluded candidates will also be sent to the Directorate of Primary Education between January 20-25.
Noted that on December 24 last year, 18,147 candidates were elected for the vacant posts of assistant teachers in the government primary school in 61 districts.
- Jibon crushed to death under Nilachal
- 6 killed as microbus carrying wedding party hits roadside tree
- Two held in Paltan with 10,000 Yaba
- 3 drug dealer held with 404 bottles Phensidyl
- Corona death toll may hit 40,000 in London
- BNP continues its unannounced war against court: Quader
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 21 in Italy
- Digital Banking Fair in Noakhali
- Azan in Mike consented in US city
- Finally US, Taliban to sign peace deal
- Puja Cherry’s crush married another Puja
- Mongolian president, foreign minister under quarantine
- Youths will create employment opportunities now
- Mugger pulled bag, woman dies falling from rickshaw
- 100 million people to get 100 services in Mujib Borsho
- ‘No sustainable development possible without quality education’
- Temperature likely to rise
- 20 bus travelers killed in collision with train
- Coronavirus death toll surges past 200 in Iran
- Tigress confirm World Cup exit in hat-trick loss
- February 29: A rare day of calendar
- Today’s sports on TV
- 3 killed as bus ditched in Cumilla
- Robber killed in Moulvibazar gunfight
- A Hindu bride weds in Muslim neighbourhood amid Delhi violence
- First British coronavirus death confirmed
- WHO declares `highest alert` over coronavirus outbreak
- Political uncertenity grows in Malaysia
- England secures comfortable victory over Pakistan
- Quader urges to accept electricity price-hike
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Investigation underway on those involved with Papiya: HM
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Newly-elected Dhaka mayors Taposh, Atiqul take oath
- Amal Clooney will fight for Rohingya
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- Power price hike again by Tk 7.13 per unit
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Delhi violence: Death toll rises to 34
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Saudi suspends entry for Umrah over coronavirus
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Chaos over mobile theft in Soumya’s wed
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Take measures to control mosquitoes ahead of rainy season: PM
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation