New Rules for S. Africa`s 4-Day Test with Zimbabwe
Published: 12:55 PM, 25 December 2017 Updated: 11:27 AM, 26 December 2017
South Africa face Zimbabwe in the one-off day-night test on Tuesday, which will be staged under experimental rules. The International Cricket Council (ICC) gave permission to Cricket South Africa to stage a four-day test.
Earlier, ICC gave four-day test status in October as a trial; When the ICC chief executive David Richardson had said the trial of four-day Test cricket would run until the 2019 World Cup, although participation wasn`t mandatory.
There are several variations from standard Test playing conditions.
There will be a minimum 98 overs a day - eight more than in the traditional five-day test. The hours of play will last six-and-a-half hours compared to the normal six hours. The lead needed to be able to enforce the follow-on will be 150 rather than 200.
There will be an extra 30 minutes available to complete the minimum quota of overs expected in a day`s play.
The one-off day-night test between South Africa and Zimbabwe is, the first in South Africa, and play will run from 1.30pm (1130 GMT) to 9pm local time. The first break will be tea (20-minute break) and the second dinner (40-minute interval).
It is the first Test match since 1972/73 to be scheduled over four days. Until then, Test matches were played over varying numbers of days, from three to six - and on a number of occasions were "timeless", played over an unlimited number of days until a result was achieved.
The last timeless Test, between South Africa and England in Durban in 1938/39, ended in a draw after ten days (one of which was rained off) when the England team had to catch a ship home.
Since 1972/73 Test matches have been standardised as five-day games, although a match between Australia and a World XI in 2005/06 was scheduled over six days. The match lasted four days.
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- Swastika Mukherjee in Bangladeshi movie
- BCB meets with Domingo-Shakib
- Scarlett Johansson: World`s most expensive actress
- JaPa to start nomination paper sale Sunday
- Teenage gang: A name of terror
- Woman kills sleeping husband
- Ten symptoms of uterus cancer
- Mosharraf Karim in Kolkata film!
- Saif hits ton but Bangladesh HP lost ODI series to SL
- Rahul Gandhi denied entry to Kashmir, sent back from airport
- Man in 3 different govt jobs at same time!
- People pay final tributes to Muzaffar Ahmed
- UAE woman seeks divorce for loving her too much!
- 3 including mother-son killed in Faridpur road crash
- 8 kills as bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing
- Road fill with holes!
- Sylhet Sixers’ payment dispute with BCB solved
- 185 killed in 135 road crash during Eid holidays
- Modi to receive ‘Order of Zayed’
- Sri Lanka 244 all out in 1st innings
- Pori Moni spreads warmth in dawn’s avatar
- Magura police explained ban on shaggy style haircutting
- SAFF U-15 Championship: Bangladesh take on SL
- 4 Bangladeshis killed in Medina road crash
- Two RAB ASPs promoted as Addl SP
- Dengue claims minor child in M’singh
- Baby alive though trains passed over!
- Bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing, kills 6
- Mim offers night call over phone
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- App launches to prevent dengue
- PEC exam schedule published
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- A new milestone for Purnima
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!