New dengue increases death risk among patients
Published: 01:28 PM, 6 July 2019
The new type of dengue has been found in the country since last year. However, the incidence of the disease is low in the first year, but in the current year, the prevalence of serotype-3 (shock syndrome) dengue fever is higher, according to doctors.
Recently, this type of dengue is attacked in the capital and a few people have died.
Dr AKM Shamsuzzaman, former Director of Health Department’s Department of Disease Control, acknowledged this information regarding dengue.
He said that there was a prevalence of dengue serotype-1 and serotype-2 in Bangladesh. The first is general classical dengue. The second is a risky hemorrhagic (bleeding) dengue. However, the prevalence of serotype- 3 (shock syndrome) dengue is higher.
“Apart from this, the classical dengue patient suffered from dengue for the second time, hemorrhagic dengue occurs,” he informed adding, “Such a patient is bleeding inside or outside of the body”
Since last year, the new type of dengue (serotype-3) has emerged. In this case, patients with internal bleeding also have shock syndrome. If it is not known at the beginning, the risk of death of patients is increased, he said.
The types of symptoms that occur in new types of dengue- difficulty in breathing, increased breathing speed, skin drying, constant discomfort, red dye is formed on the upper part of skin due to bleeding in the skin. Besides, bleeding with vomiting, feces and urine, severe stomach and constant vomiting, bleeding, and fatigue from the nose and toothache, etc.
Professor Dr AKM Shamsuzzaman advised if there is any such symptoms of a dengue-affected patient, then the patient advised to take the hospital.
According to the Health Department’s Health Emergency Operation Center and Control Room Records, this year- 38 people in January, 18 in February, 17 in March, 58 in April, 193 in May, 1,699 in June, 254 in last three days- in total 2,277 people are admitted to the hospital due to dengue. Three of them have died.
- Repatriation halts due to Rohingya’s distrust to Myanmar
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don`t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- New DC in Chuadanga-Khagrachari
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Two senior DMP officials transferred
- New heroine with Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves