Ishwardi’s Shakib murder
Nephew killed while trying to rape aunt
Published: 11:54 AM, 28 May 2019
Aunt Bilkis and his son Biplob; Photo: Collected
Police have unveiled the mystery behind the murder of Shakib Hossain, 21, of Ishwardi, Pabna.
According to police, Shakib Hossain was killed while trying to rape his aunt. He was killed with a pillow pressed.
On Monday morning, Ishwardi police arrested two accused including unveiling the mystery of Shakib murder.
The arrestees are - Bilkis Akter Banu, 38, wife of Milon of Chaknaricha Baghbaria village and her son Biplob Hossain, 18.
Confirming the matter, Bahauddin Farooqi, officer-in-charge (OC) of Ishwardi Police Station said, “On May 25 at 12:30 am, Shakib Hossain, son of Alamgir of Chaknaricha Baghbaria village in Ishwardi, went to uncle Milon’s house on the pretext of buying cigarettes.”
“As uncle was not at home, Shakib called Bilkis Akter. During that, Shakib entered the inside forcefully and offered an indecent proposal. As Bilkis refused, he started to force by strength. At one stage, Bilkis called her son Biplob,” he also said.
“Sensing the danger of mother, Biplob with 4/5 people Shakib red-handed. Later, they killed Shakib with a pillow pressed and left the body near a house of Shakhawat, a resident of the same village.”
“On information by locals, the police recovered the body and sent it to the morgue for autopsy. On that day, a case was filed with the police station. It is known that ‘Shakib often gave indecent proposals to Bilkis’,” OC Bahauddin said.
“After the incident, the police tried to unveil the mystery and arrested the accused. Later, mother and son were arrested from the city’s Arankola on Monday. The accused gave a confessional statement about the murder. Attempts are being made to arrest the other accused,” The OC added.
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- A woman: Dancer to detective
- Humayun Ahmed`s 7th death anniv today
- Bernard topped Bill Gates on Rich List
- ICC debarred Zimbabwe
- PM flies to London
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM flies to London tomorrow
- DC conference: Vast responsibility, directives
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- HC’s directive to dispose woman, child repression case in 180 day
- Navy got ‘National Fisheries Award’19 Gold medal
- Boat hats in Manikganj
- 8000 cattle ready for Qurbani market
- Shakib in Cricinfo’s XI; not Kohli
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
- Two sisters drowned in Tangail
- UN chief concerns over Rohingya crisis
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death