Nepal ready to welcome Bangladeshi investments
Published: 11:30 PM, 22 June 2019
Nepal will welcome all kinds of private and public sector investments from Bangladesh, said its Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation Secretary Dinesh Kumar Ghimire on Saturday.
He conveyed his country’s message to Bangladesh when he met State Minister for Power, Energy and Mineral Resources Nasrul Hamid at his Baridhara residence.
Dinesh Kumar came here leading a Nepalese delegation to attend the joint working committee meeting on Bangladesh-Nepal power development cooperation held in Cox’s Bazar on June 21.
The Nepalese secretary informed that the Himalayan nation will provide all kinds of cooperation to Bangladesh to boost the trade and business between the two countries, said a Power, Energy and Mineral Resource Ministry press release.
He said both the nations need to explore new areas of cooperation.
Dinesh Kumar also invited Nasrul Hamid to join the Saarc Energy Ministers’ Meeting in Nepal scheduled to be held in the second week of August.
He congratulated the state minister for getting the charge of the ministry again following the December 30 general election.
Informing the Nepalese secretary of different ongoing development projects in the country’s infrastructure sector, Nasrul Hamid said Bangladesh has created a huge investment opportunity. “For these projects, Bangladesh needs huge electricity. We’re keenly interested to import electricity from Nepal and Bhutan,” he said, adding that this electricity even could be brought to the country through investing abroad.
He said some Bangladeshi private enterprises are showing their keen interest to invest in Nepal’s power sector.
Managing Director of Nepal Electricity Authority Kulman Ghishing, Joint Secretary of Nepal’s Ministry of Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation Probin Raj Areial and Nepalese Ambassador in Dhaka Dhan Bahadur Oli were also present.
The working committee meeting on Bangladesh-Nepal power sector cooperation in Cox’s Bazar discussed different issues on two nations’ cross-border electricity trade, hydropower sector development by Bangladesh private sector investors, import of 500 MW hydropower from Nepal and cooperation on development of solar home system in Nepal.
- Repatriation halts due to Rohingya’s distrust to Myanmar
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don`t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- New DC in Chuadanga-Khagrachari
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Two senior DMP officials transferred
- New heroine with Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves