Nayon Bond not made in a day: HC
Published: 02:16 PM, 4 July 2019 Updated: 02:30 PM, 4 July 2019
During the hearing of the report submission of the murder case of Rifat Sharif, who was hacked in front of his wife in broad daylight, the court said, “We do not like extrajudicial killings.”
“Nayon Bond was not made in a day. Someone had made him a criminal and nurtured him from behind the scene,” said the High Court bench of Justice FRM Nazmul Ahsan and Justice KM Kamrul Quader, while presenting the report on Thursday.
Deputy Attorney General Barrister Abdullah Al Mahmud Bashar presented the report in the court.
The report submitted by Barguna District Administrator and Superintendent of Police said - five accused have been arrested so far over the murder of Rifat. Four people are arrested as suspects.
The police were forced to fire in self-defense when there is an ambush during the drive to arrest suspected accused. After the shootings, the police recovered Nayon Bond’s body from there, the report also said.
Earlier on June 27, the progress report was asked to give. At the same time, the High Court ordered the issuance of Red Alert on the border so that those involved in the murder could not leave the country.
The High Court bench ordered this when the court brought the attention of reports in different newspapers.
On June 26, 22-years-old Rifat Sharif was hacked to death by criminals in front of his wife Ayesha Siddika Minni in broad daylight in the district town. The incident was caught on surveillance camera.
Later at night, Rifat’s father Dulal Sharif filed a murder case with Barguna Sadar Police Station, accusing 12 people including Nayan and Farazi.
Police arrested five people, including Rifat Farazi, among the accused. Besides, five more suspects were arrested. On Tuesday morning, the main accused Nayon Bond was killed in a gunfight.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC