Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
Published: 11:11 PM, 20 March 2019 Updated: 11:11 PM, 20 March 2019
The government is chalking out the country’s biggest-ever nationwide program to celebrate the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said the birth centenary will be celebrated even at the grassroots level from March 17, 2020 to March 26, 2021 to spread the authentic history of Bangabandhu and the Liberation War.
“We’ll also take measures for the celebrations of the birth centenary even at the grassroots level so that people can know the authentic history and the Liberation War spirit can be infused into them,” she said.
The Prime Minister was addressing a joint meeting of the National Committee for Celebration of the Birth Centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the National Implementation Committee for Celebration of the Birth Centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
The maiden meeting of the two committees was held at Prime Minister’s Office in the city with Sheikh Hasina, who also is the head of the National Committee for Celebration of Bangabandhu's Birth Centenary, in the chair.
At the meeting, the committee received proposals from members of the two committees to work out elaborate programs to celebrate 'Mujib Barsho' (Mujib Year) from March 17, 2020 to March 26, 2021 marking the birth centenary.
In her introductory speech, the Prime Minister said it is the national duty to properly celebrate the birth centenary of the Father of the Nation as he had huge dedication to the wellbeing of people.
“He passed valuable time of his life in jail,” said Hasina, also the eldest daughter of Bangabandhu.
She said the Father of the Nation took a nation to the armed war from the non-cooperation movement motivating people gradually, which is a rare example in world history.
Bangabandhu had given the country’s people political independence and also taken measures for their economic emancipation, but got only three and a half years to implement those.
He did huge work in every sector in such a short time, she added.
Hasina said had the dark night of August 15 not come in the life of the Bengali nation, Bangladesh would have been turned into a developed country many years ago.
She said there were efforts to erase the contributions of Bangabandhu to the Language Movement completely alongside wiping out his contributions to the Liberation War. But no one could wipe out the truth as it gets revealed finally, Hasina added.
In her concluding speech, the Prime Minister said measures will be taken to celebrate the birth centenary throughout the country.
Alongside the government programs, different institutions can take separate programs to celebrate Mujib Borsho, she said.
Hasina hinted that some other important persons will be incorporated in the two committees.
Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury, Chief Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain, Chairman of the Law Commission Justice ABM Khairul Haque, former finance minister AMA Muhith, National Professor Anisuzzaman, National Professor Mohammad Rafiqul Islam were on the dias.
Former principal secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury, who is the member secretary of the National Committee for Celebration of the Birth Centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman moderated the meeting.
On February 14, the government formed the 102-member National Committee for the Celebration of the Birth Centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
The government also constituted the 61-member National Implementation Committee for Celebration of the Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. National Professor Mohammad Rafiqul Islam and PM’s former principal secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury were made the chairman and the chief coordinator of the committee respectively.
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- How to get HSC result
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc