National Voter Day tomorrow
Published: 05:24 PM, 28 February 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
National Voter Day will be observed in the country for the first time on March 1. In the meantime, the Election Commission (EC) has made extensive preparations to celebrate the day with the slogan ‘Voter Hobo, Vote Dibo’ (Be voter, will be voted).
President Abdul Hamid will address at the EC’s own auditorium on Friday at the invitation of the EC on the occasion of the voters’ day.
Law Minister Anisul Haque will be present as special guest. To celebrate the day, the day will start with a colorful rally from the capital’s Bangabandhu International Conference Center.
Joint Secretary (Public Relations) of Election Commission SS Asaduzzaman confirmed the matter to Bangladesh on Thursday.
According to EC sources, the EC is organizing various programs in the divisions, districts and upazila levels including the election commission building to observe the voter’s day. Decoration is going on in the election building.
Apart from this, banners and festoons will be marked by ‘Votar Hobo, Vote Dibo, March 1 Voter Day’ banners.
EC officials said that the work of organizing central and field-level programs on voter day is going on.
The discussion meeting will be held at 4:00 pm at the auditorium of the election building. President M Abdul Hamid, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Anisul Haque, EC’s five commissioners and other officials-employees will present. The program will conclude at 6:00 pm.
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- Temperature may rise over country
- Army ready to tackle flood: Army Chief
- PM flags off ‘Benapole Express’
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- DU admission test in new method
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque