National Voter Day tomorrow
Published: 05:24 PM, 28 February 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
National Voter Day will be observed in the country for the first time on March 1. In the meantime, the Election Commission (EC) has made extensive preparations to celebrate the day with the slogan ‘Voter Hobo, Vote Dibo’ (Be voter, will be voted).
President Abdul Hamid will address at the EC’s own auditorium on Friday at the invitation of the EC on the occasion of the voters’ day.
Law Minister Anisul Haque will be present as special guest. To celebrate the day, the day will start with a colorful rally from the capital’s Bangabandhu International Conference Center.
Joint Secretary (Public Relations) of Election Commission SS Asaduzzaman confirmed the matter to Bangladesh on Thursday.
According to EC sources, the EC is organizing various programs in the divisions, districts and upazila levels including the election commission building to observe the voter’s day. Decoration is going on in the election building.
Apart from this, banners and festoons will be marked by ‘Votar Hobo, Vote Dibo, March 1 Voter Day’ banners.
EC officials said that the work of organizing central and field-level programs on voter day is going on.
The discussion meeting will be held at 4:00 pm at the auditorium of the election building. President M Abdul Hamid, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Anisul Haque, EC’s five commissioners and other officials-employees will present. The program will conclude at 6:00 pm.
- Bangladesh create history securing 14 golds
- 2 killed in Jhenaidah
- Application for admission begins in SAU
- Bangladesh out of title race
- NBR Chairman hopes for 20pc revenue growth
- ‘E-TIN holders to be forced for return submission’
- Ten cattle stolen in one night
- Mahmudullah doubtful in BBPL opener
- BPL inaugural ceremony kicks off
- WI opt to bowl against India
- PM distributes National Film Awards
- Motorcyclist killed in Dinajpur road crash
- Drug dealer detained in Gazipur
- 40 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- Nantie Hayward named as Sylhet Thunder’s bowling coach
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Bangladesh U-23 team lost to Sri Lanka
- 20 killed in Syria air strikes
- Export trade closed for 6 hours at Benapole
- Lemon-tamarind pomfret fish fry
- Light to moderate fog likely
- Attacking trio of PSG inspire late comeback
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Tigresses clinch gold in SA games
- Man held with gold bars at Shah Amanat
- 25 killed, 120 injured in Baghdad gun attack
- A.T.M. Shamsuzzaman to get Lifetime Honors
- HC upholds verdict in journo Atik murder case
- One held with illegal arms in Aditmari
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham Monday
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Salman Khan sunken in Afghan beauty
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- 24 killed as bus plunges off cliff in Tunisia
- Remittance inflow increases by 31.75pc in November
- Nepal`s mass animal slaughter begins despite outcry