National SME fair begins
Published: 12:49 PM, 16 March 2019
A seven-day ‘National Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Fair-2019’ begins in the capital on Saturday for bringing the local small and medium entrepreneurs under a single square of the roof.
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun has inaugurated the fair at 11:00 am at the 'Hall of Fame' of Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC).
State Minister for Industries Kamal Ahmed Majumder and Industries Secretary Md. Abdul Halim was present as special guests in the inaugural ceremony.
The fair will remain open everyday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm. There is no entry fee in the fair.
This year, 280 SME entrepreneurs from across the country will participate in this fair with their products. Among the entrepreneurs, 188 female entrepreneurs and 92 male entrepreneurs are participating.
Showcasing and selling of indigenous products of another micro, small and medium industries including jute goods, food and agricultural processing products, leather goods, electrical and electronics products, light engineering products, IT products, plastic and other synthetic, handicrafts, design and fashion-wear is an exhibit in the fair. No foreign products will be exhibited and sold in the fair.
It is known that the SME Foundation is conducting various programs aimed at facilitating the marketing of products of small and medium enterprises.
As a part of this, The SME fair is going to held in 23 district zones - Nilphamari, Dinajpur, Rangpur, Gaibandha, Bogura, Pabna, Chapainawabganj, Kushtia, Jashore, Khulna, Jamalpur, Mymensingh, Tangail, Kishoreganj, Narsingdi, Faridpur, Barisal, Jhalokati, Sylhet, Moulvibazar, Comilla, Noakhali and Rangamati.
In order to promote, expand, sell and connect to the buyers and sellers of the products produced by small and medium entrepreneurs. The Regional SME Product Fair is organized in the district for seven days.
In the opening ceremony of the National SME Product Fair, SME Foundation will provide 'National SME Entrepreneur Award-2019' to the SME Foundation for the contribution of SME entrepreneurs for participating in the overall economic development of Bangladesh.
Also on the occasion of the fair, Non-Financial Barriers Facing the ‘SME Women Entrepreneurs’, ‘Relationship Banking for Sustainable Finance: SME Foundation Experience’, ‘Intellectual Property Rights for Growth of SMEs’, ‘Ges Opportunities of E-Commerce for SMEs in Bangladesh’ The four seminars will be held.
- Rohingya man among two killed in gunfight
- Midnight bomb panic in Paltan, Khamarbari
- AL leader slaughtered in Lama
- Countrywide water transport strike underway
- England face Ireland in 1st Test today
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Pickup claims 3 worker lives
- Renu lynching: Prime accused arrested
- Chelsea beat Barcelona in Japan friendly
- Hajj Health Tips
- DU students protest continues for 3rd Day
- Airbus’ new concept: ‘Bird of prey’ plane
- Ill race of making bridges
- S Korea’s warning shot at Russ army jet
- Malinga set to retire after 1st Bangladesh ODI
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- Minni sent to jail
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- How to get HSC result
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- ‘Child lifters’ rumor: innocence loses life
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Humanity for animal !
- Court denies bail for Minni
- “Macedon too small for you, one day you will conquer world”
- ‘Masud Rana’s shooting set to kick-off
- Indian teenage TV actor killed in road crash
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM