National SME fair begins
Published: 12:49 PM, 16 March 2019
A seven-day ‘National Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Fair-2019’ begins in the capital on Saturday for bringing the local small and medium entrepreneurs under a single square of the roof.
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun has inaugurated the fair at 11:00 am at the 'Hall of Fame' of Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC).
State Minister for Industries Kamal Ahmed Majumder and Industries Secretary Md. Abdul Halim was present as special guests in the inaugural ceremony.
The fair will remain open everyday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm. There is no entry fee in the fair.
This year, 280 SME entrepreneurs from across the country will participate in this fair with their products. Among the entrepreneurs, 188 female entrepreneurs and 92 male entrepreneurs are participating.
Showcasing and selling of indigenous products of another micro, small and medium industries including jute goods, food and agricultural processing products, leather goods, electrical and electronics products, light engineering products, IT products, plastic and other synthetic, handicrafts, design and fashion-wear is an exhibit in the fair. No foreign products will be exhibited and sold in the fair.
It is known that the SME Foundation is conducting various programs aimed at facilitating the marketing of products of small and medium enterprises.
As a part of this, The SME fair is going to held in 23 district zones - Nilphamari, Dinajpur, Rangpur, Gaibandha, Bogura, Pabna, Chapainawabganj, Kushtia, Jashore, Khulna, Jamalpur, Mymensingh, Tangail, Kishoreganj, Narsingdi, Faridpur, Barisal, Jhalokati, Sylhet, Moulvibazar, Comilla, Noakhali and Rangamati.
In order to promote, expand, sell and connect to the buyers and sellers of the products produced by small and medium entrepreneurs. The Regional SME Product Fair is organized in the district for seven days.
In the opening ceremony of the National SME Product Fair, SME Foundation will provide 'National SME Entrepreneur Award-2019' to the SME Foundation for the contribution of SME entrepreneurs for participating in the overall economic development of Bangladesh.
Also on the occasion of the fair, Non-Financial Barriers Facing the ‘SME Women Entrepreneurs’, ‘Relationship Banking for Sustainable Finance: SME Foundation Experience’, ‘Intellectual Property Rights for Growth of SMEs’, ‘Ges Opportunities of E-Commerce for SMEs in Bangladesh’ The four seminars will be held.
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- ‘Amar Pita Sheikh Mujib’ festival to be inaugurated tomorrow
- Mueller report: Subpoena issued for unredacted version
- Mirsarai Economic Zone to witness factory operation in July
- Sonagazi AL leader Ruhul held over Nusrat murder
- Team management backs Soumya to regain form in WC
- Three JU students hurt in road crash on campus
- We achieved countrymen`s faith: PM
- Taskin shines after missing out WC selection
- Hasina calls for strengthening Awami League at grassroots
- Two children drown in Noakhali
- Man killed in Jamalpur road crash
- Abahani keep them in the hunt of DPL title
- AL secretariat meeting on Saturday
- 6,746 vacant posts in ministries: Farhad
- Amir misses out on Pakistan`s World Cup squad
- PML-N blamed Imran over Minister`s step down
- Man committed suicide anguished by wife
- Namaz-e-janaza of director Mizan completed in FDC
- India polls `19: Mukesh Ambani Backs Congress
- Dad saved toddler from dingo attack in Australia
- PM receives treatment at Tk 10
- UK Journo shot dead in Derry riot
- 13 killed as church roof collapses in South Africa
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
- America’s 1st female astronaut candidate dies
- Secondary admission rate low yet: UNFPA
- Cox’s Bazar forests in extinction threat
- Dry weather with partly cloudy sky likely
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Messi rested for United as Barca draws 0-0 at Huesca
- `First` 3D print of heart with human tissue, vessels unveiled
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Water transport workers’ strike detaches Bhola
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Google takes on ‘Africa’s challenges’ in Ghana
- PBI searching 12 people involved in Nusrat murder
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Three robbers lynched in Feni
- Tofail asks DUCSU leaders to work for all students
- Nation set to celebrate Pahela Baishakh tomorrow
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- 8 killed as bus falls into Joypurhat ditch
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- Nusrat murder: ‘Shampa’ Poppy arrested
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- Jute mill workers go on 96-hour strike
- Messi coming to Dhaka
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- Mild quake jolts Ctg, Bandarban
- Pahela Baishakh being celebrated
- Swecchasebok League leader found dead in Savar
- PM gives job to Nusrat’s brother