National Road Safety Day tomorrow
Published: 10:18 PM, 21 October 2019
The National Road Safety Day is going to be observed across the country tomorrow, on 22nd October, Tuesday.
‘Jiboner Age Jibika Noy, Sarak Durghatana Ar Noy’ (Livelihood is not before life, no more road accident), is the slogan of the day this year.
The Road Transport and Bridges Ministry has drawn up various programs including souvenir publication, discussion, procession and road safety campaign.
Marking the day, a colorful procession will be brought out from the South Plaza of the Jatiya Sangsad at 7.30 am.
Later, a discussion will be held at Krishibid Institution Bangladesh (KIB) auditorium at 10 am. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will attend the function as the chief guest.
President Md Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today issued separate messages on the eve of the National Road Safety Day.
The President, in his message, the government is committed to reduce 50 percent road accidents in the second decade of the 21st century.
To build a coordinated communication system, countrywide massive infrastructural development plan has been taken, he said.
Besides, multifaceted initiatives and programs, including upgrading other highways to four or more than four lanes, construction of flyovers and overpasses, making traffic signs and road markings, construction of restrooms beside highways, imparting training to drivers, have been taken, he added.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said advanced communication infrastructures and sufficient transport facilities are the pre-requisites to economic and social development.
Following the footsteps of Bangabandhu, the Awami League government has been implementing massive programs to build a developed road communication infrastructure in the country, she said.
Prime Minister also said, the government is putting emphasis on strengthening road safety side by side with making massive development of the country’s road transport system.
Road accidents can claim lives and make a person paralyzed. An accident can be the reason for untold sufferings for individuals and their families for the entire life, she added.
She urged all to be conscious about careful driving at controlled speed.
Marking the day, a documentary on road safety will be showed at key points in the city including bus terminals at 4 pm.
Leaflets, posters, and stickers will be distributed to make aware the transport owners, drivers, passengers, and pedestrians.
Besides, BTV and other electronic media will air special programs to raise awareness among the people.
The day will also be observed at district and upazila levels amid processions, discussions, and screening of awareness-raising documentary.
- Two planes collide at Frankfurt Airport
- Russian strikes kill 9 civilians in Syria
- Burkina Faso army says 32 ‘terrorists’ killed in two operations
- Government Hospitals to Provide 24-hours delivery facility: Health Minister
- S.Africa unions threaten to ‘shut down’ aviation sector
- Rice market is being monitored: Minister
- UAE to reopen market to Bangladeshi workers
- RAB detained 6 with Yaba and Weed
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- Gayle to play for Chattogram
- Internet would be main fuel of industry in 4IR: Jabbar
- PM joins gleaming Dubai air show
- PEC and Ebtedayee exam: 864 candidates absent on 1st day in Feni
- Drugs and arms trader ‘Khore Jamal’ arrested
- Taxpayers throng Income Tax Fairs in Ctg
- PEC-Ebtedayee exams held peacefully in Ctg
- Katrina wishes birthday to ‘Special Person’
- Young Tigers clinch 3-0 lead against Sri Lanka
- Formulate a plan together to prevent money laundering: Mustafa Kamal
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- 2nd release slip application begins from Nov 19
- Two injured as onion-loaded truck turnover
- Bangladesh started practice for pink-ball Test
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Australia bans Pattinson from Pakistan Test
- No question leak reported
- Bubly’s ‘Casino’
- Two banned cricketers in BPL draft
- Dead body recovered from Adabor
- PSC examinee killed in Dinajpur road accident
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- After ‘Bulbul’, now cyclone ‘Nakri’ forming in Bay
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Rogue "Bin Laden" elephant that killed 5 caught in Assam
- Tuesday’s JSC-JDC exam suspended
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Bulbul to cross Satkhira early Sunday
- Tigers opt to bat
- Bolivian President resigns amid fraud poll protests
- A single bad work can spoil 10 good works: Quader
- State of emergency declared in fire-hit Australia
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- Shaheed Nur Hossain Day observed
- 3 including loco master, director of Turna suspended
- Afghanistan faces Windies in 3rd ODI today
- Tigers’ dream shattered