National Nutrition Week begins today
Published: 10:15 AM, 23 April 2018
"Think about nutrition, if you think about food" - with the theme the government is set to observe the National Nutrition Week, first of its kind, from on Monday.
Health Services Division Secretary Md Serajul Huq Khan said, "We are going to observe the program for the first time with a view to creating massive public awareness."
He told this at a press conference at the ministry conference room in the capital on Sunday.
Serajul Huq Khan said it is necessary to ensure nutrition to all including women and children to make every citizen of the densely populated country. the present government is working relentlessly to meet the challenge of malnutrition, he added.
The Secretary expressed his optimism that country will achieve the milestone within shortest possible time under the dynamic leadership of the present government.
The weeklong program will include fair, procession on the first day tomorrow apart from inaugural function, different programs to create awareness among people on the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth days and essay and debate competitions and prize giving ceremony will be held on the closing day on April 29.
Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury will join the inaugural function at the Osmani Memorial auditorium at 2 pm today.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina gave separate messages on the occasion of National Nutrition Week.
In his message, the President said Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman had established national nutrition institute in 1974 and national nutrition council on April 23 in 1975 to build a healthy and prosperous nation.
Abdul Hamid said under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the reformed National Nutrition Council`s tireless efforts have added a different dimension to the ongoing activities to develop nutrition.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said Bangabandhu had recognized people`s right to food as fundamental human right in the constitution.
Highlighting different development initiatives taken by her government following the footsteps of the country`s founding father, she said the present government has been implementing different initiatives to reach healthcares and knowledge of nutrition to the doorsteps of people to build a healthy and meritorious new generation.
The President and the Prime Minister wished success of all program marking the week.
- Get driving license after eye and dope test: HC
- Rohingya wants to return after ensuring recognition
- Warner hits ton, Australia heading for big total
- Novoair increases flights to Jashore
- US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile
- Soumya makes brekthough for Bangladesh
- National Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign on June 22
- Rohingyas’ ardor to return home on refugee day
- Prisoner dies in Kashimpur jail
- ‘Dhaka Attack’s villain Taskeen got married
- Rana`s bail stay till July 1
- Provide Tk 50 within 2 months to Rajib’s family: HC
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- 9 to die for killing C’nawabganj Jubo League leader
- Rain, thundershowers likely to continue
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Tigers look for Cardiff 2005 encore in Nottingham
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges