Nation welcomes 2018 with jubilant celebrations
Published: 11:32 AM, 1 January 2018 Updated: 01:21 PM, 1 January 2018
The nation celebrated the 31st night with various activities and welcomed New Year 2018 with jubilant celebrations and good wishes for family, friends, colleagues and fresh resolutions for the wellbeing of society and the country.
Many people across the world celebrated the 31st night especially the youth with carnival mood and take rich dishes like barbecued mutton.
The South Pacific island state Samoa was the first country to welcome 2018 with celebrations including fireworks, dancing and juggling. The nation has been the first to see the New Year since 2011 when it moved from the eastern side of the international date line to the west side.
New Zealand followed Samoa with hundreds of people gathered in Auckland city centre to participate in the country`s prime attraction of New Year celebrations.
Like countries across the world, the celebration began last night as the clock stroke 12 midnight in Bangladesh. The capital city Dhaka started buzzing with cracking sounds of fireworks few minutes before midnight that continued for more than an hour with random intervals.
People of all ages in different cities including Chittagong, Rajshahi, Khulna, Sylhet, Barisal and Rangpur celebrated the 31st night with a luxurious festival and welcomed the New Year with jubilant celebrations.
The 1st day of January is often marked as a national holiday in different countries.
Celebrate the New Year does not mean to farewell the old year and welcome the New Year. In order to set new life in New Year, you have to set new goals or to move towards to the new destination; so those new opportunities are created in the New Year.
In general, there will come many opportunities to get you back on this occasion.
Actually, the fear of change is such an obstacle that we should aim to win. So the key to success is bringing something new in the ‘to-do-list’ of 2018.
Experts say that to start the New Year you have to prepare to restate life. In New Year you have to plan not only new targets but also plan to win over failures in the past.
Actually, the whole idea of the plan should be made clear in your head. So you have to make a personal goal in professional life that only you can sort them up.
Believe that you are the best since the first day of the year. At least you are mature enough to `Fresh Start` in January.
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- DMP detained 49 in anti-narcotics drive
- ‘Government will take legal action against chaos in court’
- 9 killed in India’s Madhya Pradesh
- College girl dies in Gazipur train accident
- ACC recovers 125 sacks of rice in Cumilla
- E-Passport to be introduced on Dec 15: Momen
- 50 Yrs of naming ‘Bangladesh`
- Vice chairman’s three-storey house demolished
- 2 arrested with firearms in Rupganj
- 1 in 8 afford out for nutritious diet: Report
- 4 killed in Poland gas blast, 4 missing
- Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka
- NBR’s extensive prog to observe VAT DAY, VAT Week
- Do not waste the environment in courtroom; says CJ
- Youth killed at in-law’s house after love-marriage
- Suhrawardy`s death anniv observed
- AG minister wants to export agricultural products
- Fire in Tongi factory: 11-unit firefighter to douse
- Accused dies in court praying for bail
- Bridges on Bhola-Barishal route by 2025
- Local population at risk for Rohingyas presence: TIB
- Shithi Saha hospitalized
- Banned player to play Bangabandhu BPL
- Discard ‘negative mindset’ about disabled people: PM
- Bangladesh wins by 249 runs as Maldives wrapped for 6
- Don`t ruin the court environment: Chief Justice
- Kaushik in Bangabandhu’s role
- 14 missing in deadly Ukraine fire: president
- Four cows looted, owner killed
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Singer Asif turns actor
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Trump signs Hong Kong human rights act
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- PM opens 4 dev schemes incl 5 new ships
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight