Nasir’s ton propels Sheikh Jamal to comfortable victory
Published: 07:16 PM, 15 April 2019
Nasir Hossain struck a superb century as Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club scripted a facile six-wicket victory over Prime Bank Cricket Club at the Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium at Fatullah today.
A six-filled 51 ball-74 from Ariful Haque helped Prime Bank to post 236 before being all out in 48.3 overs but his effort was ruined by Nasir Hossain’s 110 ball-112 not out as Sheikh Jamal overhauled the target by making 239-4 in 48.4 overs.
Opener Elias Sunny was the other notable scorer for Jamal with 67. He and Nasir added 93-run for the third wicket stand to make the chase a cake-walk after initial trouble. Sunny though couldn’t prolong his innings, Nasir hung in there to sail the side home.
He struck a dozen of boundaries and three sixes in his knock, which was his seventh List A century. Nahidul Islam and Abdur Razzak took two wickets for Prime Bank.
After losing Anamul Haque Bijoy in the first ball of the innings, Prime Bank recovered through Rubel Mea and Nama Ojha who shared 120 runs for the second wicket stand. Rubel Mea scored 66 and Ojha made 46 but their departure in the space of five runs triggered a sensational collapse that saw them losing four wickets for just 10 runs.
Ariful then settled the things, hitting a six-filled knock that helped the side propel past 200-mark which looked unlikely halfway through the innings.
Ariful’s 51 ball-74 was studded by three fours and seven sixes but it was not enough to save the side from a defeat.
Elias Sunny and Tanbir Hyder claimed three wickets apiece for Sheikh Jamal.
Meanwhile, Mohammad Saifuddin claimed his List A career-best 5-9 as Abahani Limited made a high-flying start in the super league phase of Dhaka Premier League (DPL) with a crushing 165-run victory over Prime Doleshwar Sporting Club at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium today.
This was his first five-for in limited over cricket which was catalyst to skittle out Doleshwar for just 86 in 29.4 overs after Abahani racked up 251 before being all out in 49 overs.
In another match, Legends of Rupganj outclassed Mohammedan Sporting Club by 46 runs in their first match of the Super League phase of the Dhaka Premier League (DPL), keeping them on course of clinching the coveted title at BKSP-4 ground today.
Skipper Naeem Islam struck a run-a-ball-108 as Rupganj compiled a hefty 313-4 after which their bowlers bowled well in tandem to bundle Mohammedan out for 267 in 46.2 overs.
- Ultrasound: The future of diabetes treatment?
- Everything will be done for farmer: Razzak
- South Korea to invest $6m in Mongla EPZ
- Condition of Khalid Hossain detrioates
- Adverse weather affects Litchi farming in Rangpur
- ‘No public transport run without tickets’
- Ex-husband files lawsuit against Mila
- Rhodes elated to see youngsters takes big stride
- Amir, Wahab named in Pakistan`s World Cup squad
- No traffic congestion in Sujanagar
- No contractual recruitment in edu institutions
- Tigers confidence in hands of expertise
- Life-Changing Lessons from the Quran (Part-2)
- HC seeks inquiry report on corruption at Rooppur plant
- Google restricts Huawei`s use of Android
- ‘Govt wants militancy free economic development’
- HC orders to monitor fruit markets
- Cabinet reshuffled to speed up work: Quader
- 20-points proposals from Jatri Kalyan for safe Eid journey
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 32 dead in Tajikistan prison riot
- Five matches to be held at the Rose Bowl
- Results of 38th BCS written exam before Eid
- Govt employees salary-allowances May 28
- Mild heat wave likely to continue
- Rajshahi growers likely to export 50 tonnes mango
- Drug trader killed in gunfight with BGB
- 9 nurses pregnant at one hospital at same time
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Rangamati
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Bringing flavor back to tomatoes
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Poverty rate comes down
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- Quader returns home this evening
- PM likely to visit 3 countries
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Quader to join his office today
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Advanced train ticket sale begins May 22
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- President reaches London
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- Magistrate`s car attacked in Ctg