Nasim urges AL movement from V-Day to polls against BNP-JI
Published: 08:12 PM, 1 December 2018 Updated: 08:12 PM, 1 December 2018
Health Minister Mohammad Nasim called upon the people to form 'Bijoy Mancha' in every district and upazila of the country after Victory Day on December 16th to stop the BNP-Jamaat axis in the elections.
He said this at a rally held in front of the National Museum in the afternoon on Saturday demanding declaration of 'Freedom Fighters Day' nationally by Sommilito Muktijoddha Sangsad.
Social Welfare Minister Rashed Khan Menon, former Industries Minister Dilip Barua were present while Shipping Minister Shahjahan Khan presided over the programme.
The Health Minister said the Bengali people could never be defeated in the month of December. "The conspirators have to be defeated. Not only in the 30 seats of Jamaat, we must ensure their collapse by forming 'Bijoy Mancha' in each district and upazila across the country. BNP has proved that their character has not changed by nominating the Jamaat leaders and their family members."
He addressed the otherwise respected leaders who have joined the BNP: "There is still time. You have fought, struggled. You should take the side of the general people quitting BNP. People do not trust hypocrites. This is the final battle to defeat the hypocrites. "
He urged leaders and activists to prepare for the victory of the Grand Alliance through a revolution.
"BNP has given them (Jamaat) the opportunity to participate in the election. It means the conspiracy has not stopped against the War of Liberation."
He also urged the people to take all preparations for the victory of the 'pro-liberation' forces in the election.
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Marcelo lost his place due to bad display against Barca
- Reza directs CDA to gear up projects to improve services
- US Treasury Sec Mnuchin calls China trade talks `productive`
- Spanish PM calls snap polls after budget defeat
- PM leaves for Abu Dhabi tonight
- Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- `Acquire knowledge on literature`
- CTTC arrested two JMB men
- BCC receives two int’l awards
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Heroic Perera ton helps Sri Lanka to thrilling victory
- `Runa Laila` with new song
- Bus-autorickshaw clash kills 3 in Sylhet
- Diet drinks increase stroke risk
- DMP chief alert police against injustice
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- All 49 reserved seats elected uncontested
- ‘Shahidullah Kaiser’ recall
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- One held over Lalmonirhat gang rape
- Farmers` profit in mustard
- Are Carbs good or bad?
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Hasan inducted `Bangladesh Film Festival` in Calcutta
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Al Mahmud’s namaz-e-janaza held at Baitul Mukarram
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Pakistan backs group behind suicide bomb: Iran
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’