Nantie Hayward named as Sylhet Thunder’s bowling coach
Published: 05:50 PM, 8 December 2019
Sylhet Thunder has appointed former South African fast bowler Nantie Hayward as their bowling coach for the special edition of Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL).
Sylhet has earlier appointed his compatriot Herschelle Gibbs as the head coach for the tournament while Sarwar Imran will work as technical adviser for the team.
Hayward has been a fearsome fast bowler in his playing day but injuries have prevented him from playing long time for South Africa. This will be Hayward’s first experience as coach in any T20 competition.
Sylhet has been busy after the draft to strengthen their bowling attack for this year’s BBPL. They have included veteran Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Sami and West Indies pace bowler Krishmar Santokie in their XI.
They have also bolstered their batting, drafting in the West Indies hard-hitter batsman like Andre Fletcher. Sylhet appeared to be the weakest side in this BBPL but with recent signing, they are trying to put a better team for the BBPL and push for a place in the top four of the competition.
Sylhet is one of the three teams that can hope to have some home advantage in their favor because Sylhet International cricket stadium is the venue of this year’s tournament.
They hope that they would perform their best in front of their home crowd.
- Launch social revolution against drug abuse: President
- England earn series victory in South Africa
- UK for joint partnership with Bangladesh to combat climate issues
- Hong Kong rioters set fire on coronavirus affected house
- “Govt plans to set up public university in each district”
- BNP hatching conspiracy to foil polls: HT Imam
- One detained with weapons in Keraniganj
- Woman detained with weed in Brahmanbaria
- Iranian aircraft carrying 136 people slides onto highway (with video)
- Japanese drink swallow belly fat
- BCSIR Science Fair begins in Rajshahi
- Elias, best DC of Chattogram
- West Bengal Assembly passes resolution against CAA
- PM orders steps to return stranded Bangladeshis from China
- Carrying legitimate arms banned
- Badminton Federation isn`t refunding money to junior players
- Fire burns residence in Gazipur
- Hubei suspends passport application to curb coronavirus outbreak
- Magnitude 4.1 quake jolts in Sylhet-Sunamganj
- Sajjadul Hasan named chairman of Biman
- Bride commits suicide for disliking husband
- 11 organizations acquired ISO certificates
- DB detained drug dealer in Barhisal
- Beehives in UP building, funding for winter clothes
- DITF duration extended
- 65 platoons BGB to be deployed for city polls
- Get rid of dandruff forever!
- Awami League Secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Easy way to be fat
- Child killed in Meherpur road crash
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- Tambadu: The man who stands beside distress Rohingya
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- ‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!