Mymensingh farmers busy cultivating Boro paddy
Published: 02:44 PM, 29 January 2020
Farmers in Mymensingh district are now passing busy days in cultivating Boro paddy aimed at producing more than 10 lakh tonnes of paddy during the current Rabi season.
The regional office of Department of Agriculture Extension (DAE) has set a target to cultivate Boro paddy on 2.62 lakh hectares of land in all 13 upazilas of the district with the production target of over 10.63 lakh tones of paddy. Of the total, Upshee were cultivated on 2,05,000 hectares of land, Hybrid on 57,000 hectares and local verities on 100 hectares of land.
According to DAE sources, the farmers have already transplanted over 7,000 hectares of land till today. BADC distributed quality seeds among the farmers with fair prices.
Bangladesh Krishi Bank has also provided loans to the farmers to boost production. Besides, DAE is providing necessary supports like irrigation, fertilizers and pest control advice.
Of the total, 19,725 hectares of land have been brought under Boro cultivation in Sadar upazila, 19,645 hectares in Muktagachha, 21,250 hectares in Fulbaria, 19,725 hectares in Trishal, 18,415 hectares in Bhaluka, 22,840 hectares in Gafargaon, 22,175 hectares in Nandail, 20,370 hectares in Ishwarganj, 20,690 hectares in Gouripur, 21,850 hectares in Tarakanda, 22,105 hectares in Phulpur, 20,280 hectares in Haluaghat and 13,030 hectares in Dobaura upazila in the district.
M Mazed, Deputy Director of DAE, said that the government has distributed quality seeds, fertilisers and other logistic supports to the marginal farmers in order to boosting the production of Boro paddy.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks