Muslims’ Eid-ul Fitr dress up around the world
Published: 06:36 PM, 2 June 2019
As the holy month of Ramadan approaches its end, Muslims around the world have started preparing for their yearly celebrations of Eid-ul-Fitr. This Eid marks the end of Ramadan and the beginning of the new moon sighting of Shawaal.
Many of the Muslims like to celebrate by dressing up and wearing their best clothes on Eid day and going out to meet friends and relatives, looking and smelling good. Muslims begin this occasion with the Eid prayers in the morning (see also: Prayer Times App). Eid is a well-known tradition from Islamic history and is also indicated by Sunnah. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was known to have worn his best cloak on Eid.
Every Culture has its own style and sense of dressing which also may vary from person to person according to their likeness. For instance in Pakistan men & women wear their traditional Shalwaar Kameez. In Indonesia, women wear their dress (Kebaya) and hijab (Kerudung). Whereas in the West, Muslims are from diverse cultural backgrounds and there isn’t a common style, people often wear an outfit from another Muslim culture other than their own.
Let’s have a look at how Muslims from different parts of the world dress up on Eid day.
1- Women in Palestine wearing their traditional dress with intricate red thread embroidery and decorated with small mirrors. The dress is known as “Thube”.
2- Muslim kids in Kosovo taking part in a prayer during Eid celebration wearing black waistcoats decorated with gold threads and bow ties.
3 – The man is wearing a traditional long dress from Ghana.
4- Malaysian women greeting each other on Eid-ul-Fitr adorned in bright colored headscarves (hijab) and long gowns.
5- Young Muslims from diverse Islamic cultures celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr in Australia dressed as they please.
6- Women in China celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr in the traditional Muslim attire i.e. a headscarf (hijab) and a cloak.
7- Muslims in U.A.E. greet each other on Eid-ul-Fitr day. Men are wearing their traditional headgear (keffiyeh) and a cloak (thobe). The dress is uniquely common and worn by the men in the Arab countries.
8- Kenyan Muslim men snap a group selfie on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr. Both the adults and kids wear a traditional headset and a cloak (Thobe). The color of the headset is usually in alignment with the color of the clothes.
9- Muslim Women in the Philippines wear colorful headscarves and long robes.
10- Women in Pakistan dress up for Eid-ul-Fitr in their traditional clothes i.e. shalwar kameez. The outfits are usually embellished with intricate designs or embroidery in other cases.
Not able to find your cultural dress here? Send us your Eid pictures on Facebook and get featured on our Facebook page and blog this Eid!
- NSTU’s teacher Dr. Firoz Ahmed, wife contracted COVID-19
- Veteran Indian film director Basu Chatterjee dies
- Chandpur reports 19 fresh COVID-19 cases
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Libya killings: RAB arrested 2 more human traffickers in Gopalgan
- Horrific knife attack at Chinese primary school, 41 injured
- Workers’ trimming from Jun: BGMEA president
- PM places three proposals for durable use of aquatic sources
- ‘BNP making a regular complaint against govt’
- Trade thru Sonamasjid resumes
- Faridpur reports 30 more COVID-19 cases
- Policeman killed in road crash
- Biman cancels domestic flights till Saturday
- 2,423 new infected, 35 die in 24 hours
- India records highest deaths, infections in a day
- Two motorcyclists crushed by bus at Bangla Motor
- War-plagued Yemen goes wrecked in two epidemics
- Countrymen to witness different ‘Lunar eclipse’ tomorrow
- Mannan becomes Secretary of Health Service Division
- Yoga to relieve constipation
- Two more trains operational from today
- Veteran Bollywood lyricist Anwar Sagar dies
- WHO resumes hydroxychloroquine study for COVID-19
- Rain likely in many places including the capital
- Brazil records highest 27,312 daily coronavirus cases again
- Wife-children did not near to deceased in fear of coronavirus
- George Floyd had coronavirus
- Businessman died of coronavirus in Feni
- Hearing on writ against public transport fare-hike today
- Spain recorded one coronavirus death in four days
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO