Find what led this Award-winning actress to step back from the Biggest Media industry...
Published: 10:56 PM, 4 July 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Award-winning Bollywood actress Zaira Wasim has quit, saying that working in such an industry constantly interfered with her Imaan (faith) and threatened her relationship with her religion, as reported by NDTV on 30th June 2019.
Wasim said a detailed post on her Facebook page.
“Five years ago, I made a decision that changed my life forever. As I stepped my foot in Bollywood, it opened doors of massive popularity for me. I started to become the prime candidate of public attention, I was projected as the gospel of the idea of success and was often identified as a role model for the youth.”
She further stated:
“However, that’s never something that I set out to do or become, especially with regards to my ideas of success and failure, which I had just started to explore and understand.”
The 18-year-old actor said as she completed five years in the profession, she wanted to confess that she is not truly happy with this identity. She explained:
“For a very long time now it has felt like I have struggled to become someone else…it was only for me to realize that though I may fit here perfectly, I do not belong here.”
She also said:
“This field indeed brought a lot of love, support, and applause my way, but what it also did was to lead me to a path of ignorance, as I silently and unconsciously transitioned out of Iman (faith)…my relationship with my religion was threatened.”
Publishing her statement on Facebook, Zaira received huge support online, including support from renowned Muslim scholar Mufti Ismail Menk; he wrote on Facebook:
“May the Almighty bless you, be with you, keep guiding you, protect you, grant you goodness, happiness, contentment, bliss and success in this world and the next & the same for every one of us. Ameen.”
The actor, who made her big Bollywood debut in 2016, said the journey has been “exhausting, to battle my soul for so long” and life was too short yet too long to be at war with oneself. Zaira was born to a Muslim family in Kashmir, India to Zahid and Zarqa Wasim. Her father works as an Executive Manager in Srinagar and her mother is a teacher.
There have been other Indians who have been drawn towards Islam. Indian TV actress Dipika Kakar embraced Islam in 2018 before marrying Indian actor Shoaib Ibrahim. Earlier in 2014, famous young Indian actress Monica decided to revert to Islam, don Islamic headscarf and quit the film industry. In February 2014, reports said that both musicians AR Rahman and Yuvan Shankar Raja took the same decision to revert to Islam.
It is a matter of pride that Muslims like these realised they were off track and now are trying their best again. May Allah (SWT) give us all hadayat to follow the right path of Isam.
Source: About Islam
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son`s body recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- DU admission test in new method
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque