Mushy hero as Bangladesh beat India
Published: 11:02 PM, 3 November 2019 Updated: 11:12 PM, 3 November 2019
Mushfiqur Rahim's unbeaten 60 off 43 helped Bangladesh to beat India by seven wickets in the first T20I at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi. Chasing the target of 149 runs Bangladesh reached the target in 19.3 overs. It is their first-ever win over India in the T20Is. With this win, Bangladesh is leading the three-match series 1-0.
Chasing the target of 149 Bangladesh lost opener Liton Das (7) to 8/1 in the very fist over as Deepak Chahar strikes for India
A 46-run stand between Mohammad Naim and Soumya Sarkar came to an end when the former tried to go for a maximum but only ended up giving a catch to Shikhar Dhawan at long-on and Bangladesh lost their 2nd wicket to 54. But Mushfiqur Rahim and Soumya Sarkar rebuilding for Bangladesh. This pair added 60 runs in the 3rd wickets stand.
It was slower from Khalil Ahmed and Soumya Sarkar looks to steer it behind point but there was no room at all, he misses and the ball clatters into the stumps. Soumya Sarkar scored 39 before went out.
After losing Soumya Mushy and Mahmudullah's unbeaten 40 runs stand helped Bangladesh to chase the target keeping 3 balls and seven wickets in hand.
Earlier, Bangladesh have restricted India to 148/6 in the first T20Is at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi. Leg-spinner Aminul Islam Biplob and Shafiul Islam bagged 2 wickets each for Bangladesh.
After winning the toss Bangladesh decided to bowl first in the first T20I against host India at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi.
Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan opened the innings for India. Right-hand pacer Shafiul Islam made the first breakthrough for Bangladesh in the very first over sending back India skipper Rohit Sharma for 9.
Leg-spinner Aminul Islam Biplob struck twice to take the wicket of KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer as India lost their 3rd wicket to 70.
Aminul Islam bagged the wicket of KL Rahul in his very first over and India lost their 2nd wicket to 36. From here, Dhawan and Iyer rebuild for the host. But Biplob strikes for the second time to break the partnership.
India lost their 4th wicket to 95 as Shikhar Dhawan went out for 41. Pant plays it gently towards midwicket, they complete the first run quickly, Pant calls for the second and Dhawan responds, but then Pant changes his mind realizing it's impossible for him to make it. Mahmudullah himself chases the ball, puts in the slide and throws it to the keeper. Dhawan tries to get back but is well short as Mushfiqur breaks the stumps 95/4.
Afif has plucked one out here, one-handed over his head. Was a length ball on the stumps, Dube looked to work it on the leg side but the ball stopped at him and popped over the bowler's head who timed his jump to take it with his right hand 102/5.
India lost their 6th wicket to 120 as Pant went out scoring 27 off 26. It was length ball on the stumps, Pant looks to loft it over long-on, doesn't get the required power behind it and an easy catch for Naim, his second of the day 120/6.
- RAB detained 3 drug dealers
- Man gets death penalty for killing wife
- 30 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- Mobile court fined 4 institutions in Gurudaspur
- 43 Students received ‘Quran’ as gift
- 1000 Kg cocaine found floating in the sea
- Pooran banned for ball tampering
- Protest continue at JU demanding VC’s removal
- Israeli strikes kills 12 in Gaza
- No pressure to win keeps Tigers motivated
- Man held with 8 gold bars in Benapole
- Better logistics can help Bangladesh boost exports: WB
- PKSF ‘Development Fair’ begins tomorrow
- ‘Abrar murder trial will be in speedy trial’
- Shamim took responsibility of child Mahima
- Selim Pradhan placed on 7-day fresh remand
- Madhubala’s biopic to be screened
- Launch trapped in Char with 500 passengers rescued
- Man held with 13,420 yaba in Chattogram
- India’s SC disqualifies 17 revel MLAs
- Night temperature likely to fall
- PM opens seven more power plants
- 48 industrialists to get CIP cards
- Bolivian senator declares herself president
- 16 killed as car ditched in Kashmir
- UD filed over B’baria train crash
- New schedule for Tigers’ Pink-Ball Test
- Abrar murder: Chargesheet submitted against 25
- Woods to play upgraded Genesis Invitational
- Suicide bombing in Indonesia: 1 killed
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Dhaka Int’l Folk Fest 19 registration begins
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ heads towards Bangladesh
- Tahsan’s realize after 7yrs
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Gunmen attack Thailand security post, kills 15
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- 345 shelter centers open at Noakhali
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- Govt prepared to face ‘Bulbul’: Enamur
- Two dead, 150 homes lost in Australia bushfires
- Tomorrow’s JSC, JDC exams rescheduled
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’: 10 injured after 7 houses collapsed in Bhola
- MP Moinuddin Khan Badal passes away
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Bulbul hits Kolkata, Kills 1
- China imposes `Gaming Curfew` for minors
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Losing voice was ‘darkest moment’ of my life: Shakira
- 9 districts that will come under signal 10
- Tigers face India in 2nd T20I today