Mushfiqur joins 4,000 runs club
Published: 04:30 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 04:33 PM, 30 November 2018
Mushfiqur Rahim touched another milestone as he becomes the second Bangladeshi batsman to reach 4,000 Test runs during the second Test against West Indies on Friday.
Needing only eight runs to reach the feat before the play he reached the landmark when he cut leg-spinner Devendra Bishoo off the back foot in the 65th over. He scored 14 runs before perished to Shermon Lewis.
Earlier this year, Tamim Iqbal had become the first to reach the feat in West Indies.
The diminutive wicket keeper batsman Mushfiqur, who made his debut in 2005 as a precocious 16-year old against England in Lord’s, has built himself as one of the best batsmen in the team, often spoken of in the same breath as Tamim.
He was the first Bangladesh batsman to score a Test double-hundred, against Sri Lanka in 2013, and earlier this month became the first to score two double-hundreds, reclaiming Bangladesh’s highest individual score with his unbeaten 219.
He has Bangladesh’s best overseas record in Tests too, having scored the most runs as well as the most hundreds. He has only scored two hundred at home.
Mushfiqur is already among Bangladesh’s first three batsmen to reach 5,000 ODI runs.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC