Mushfiqur's heroics help Vikings to beat Victorians
Published: 10:32 PM, 13 January 2019 Updated: 10:38 PM, 13 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Skipper Mushfiqur Rahim's 75 off 41 helped Chittagong Vikings to beat Comilla Victorians by 4 wickets in the 2nd match of the day.
Batting first Comilla Victorians posted 184/5 with the help of Lankan Thisara Perera's 74 and E Lewis 38. Chittagong Vikings reached the target with 2 balls remaining.
Chasing the target Vikings made 58-run in the opening stand. CS Delport (13) went out by Mohammad Saifuddin. Then Vikings lost Yasir Ali (4) and Mohammad Shahzad (46 off 27) in quick succession.
But skipper Mushfiqur Rahim's 75 off 41 and Mossaddek Hossain 12 off 12 help Vikings to chase down the target.
Mohammad Saifuddin bagged 3 for 45 in his 4 overs haul.
Earlier, Lankan all-rounder Thisara Perera scored explosive 74 just 26 delivery in his first BPL 2019 match as Comilla Victorians posted 184/5 against Chittagong Vikings.
After winning the toss Chittagong Viking asked Comilla to bat first. Comilla lost opener Tamim Iqbal before scoring any run and Anamul Haque on 21. Then Skipper Imrul Kayes and E Lewis added 54-run in the 3rd wickets stand. But they lost 5 wickets on 86 after E Lewis retired hurt (38).
From here, Mohammad Saifuddin 26 off 19 and NLTC Perera 74 off 26 added unbeaten 98 in the 6 wickets stand.
Khaled Ahmed bagged 3 wickets for 34 and R Frylinck 1 for 49.
- British man becomes 1st to fly around the world on a gyrocopter
- Three schoolgirls saved from child marriage
- 15 EC staffs involved in providing NIDs to Rohingyas
- Key EU countries agree on sea migrant redistribution scheme
- Suu Kyi could face trial
- Madrasa student commits suicide in Sunamganj
- Mysterious ‘Sleepy Hollow’ in Kazakhstan village
- One killed in Sherpur clash
- NBR moves to freeze GK Shamim`s bank accounts
- Australia postpone October T20 series
- Bangladesh to play T-10 League
- Facebook to appoint local representatives in Bangladesh
- Onion import begins from Myanmar-Turkey-Egypt
- Taste the delicious ‘Egg Pickle’
- Police raids Fu-Wang Club
- What to do if your credit card is lost
- Tigers` main challenge is to retain skill and mentality
- Bangladesh thru semifinal after 0-0 draw over India
- 35 at wedding party killed during nearby Afghan army raid
- 2 to die for killing housewife in Jhalakati
- Close-up star Liza admitted to hospital
- Students failing in all, won`t able to take part exam
- There is nothing to say like ‘Raghob Boal’: HM
- Israeli president to meet Netanyahu, Gantz
- Silent preparation in JaPa with city polls
- ‘PM left with a strong message at airport’
- Upbeat Tigers eying first T20 trophy
- ‘Militants shuttled regularly as bombs made from here’
- Mallory or Hillary - who really was 1st to climb Everest?
- Probe report against SK Sinha Oct 29
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?