Mushfiqur's heroics help Vikings to beat Victorians
Published: 10:32 PM, 13 January 2019 Updated: 10:38 PM, 13 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Skipper Mushfiqur Rahim's 75 off 41 helped Chittagong Vikings to beat Comilla Victorians by 4 wickets in the 2nd match of the day.
Batting first Comilla Victorians posted 184/5 with the help of Lankan Thisara Perera's 74 and E Lewis 38. Chittagong Vikings reached the target with 2 balls remaining.
Chasing the target Vikings made 58-run in the opening stand. CS Delport (13) went out by Mohammad Saifuddin. Then Vikings lost Yasir Ali (4) and Mohammad Shahzad (46 off 27) in quick succession.
But skipper Mushfiqur Rahim's 75 off 41 and Mossaddek Hossain 12 off 12 help Vikings to chase down the target.
Mohammad Saifuddin bagged 3 for 45 in his 4 overs haul.
Earlier, Lankan all-rounder Thisara Perera scored explosive 74 just 26 delivery in his first BPL 2019 match as Comilla Victorians posted 184/5 against Chittagong Vikings.
After winning the toss Chittagong Viking asked Comilla to bat first. Comilla lost opener Tamim Iqbal before scoring any run and Anamul Haque on 21. Then Skipper Imrul Kayes and E Lewis added 54-run in the 3rd wickets stand. But they lost 5 wickets on 86 after E Lewis retired hurt (38).
From here, Mohammad Saifuddin 26 off 19 and NLTC Perera 74 off 26 added unbeaten 98 in the 6 wickets stand.
Khaled Ahmed bagged 3 wickets for 34 and R Frylinck 1 for 49.
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry