Mushfiq escapes injury scare ahead of final Test against Windies
Published: 01:03 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 01:03 PM, 28 November 2018
Mushfiqur Rahim, the linchpin of Bangladesh batting-line, escaped an injury scare after getting his hand hurt during the practice session at the National Cricket Academy in Mirpur.
“Mushfiqur was struck by a delivery during a net session on Wednesday and we have done an X-ray for precautionary reason. We found no fracture here. So, I think there is nothing to worry about his participation in the next match,” BCB chief physician Debashish Chowdhury told reporters.
He also said Mushfiqur might not be available for rest of today’s training session.
Bangladesh are gearing up to face the visiting West Indies in the Dhaka Test which is slated to be played from 30 November. In the first Test of the series, the hosts outplayed West Indies in Chattogram by 64 runs. The debutant off-spinner Nayeem Hasan and Taijul Islam played pivotal roles to take a lead in the series.
It means Dhaka Test is a big chance for Bangladesh to whitewash the Caribbeans who smashed visiting Bangladesh in the last Test series in July this year.
After the two-match Test series, both teams will show their strength in limited-overs cricket during the three-match one-day and T20 series.
Bangladesh Test squad for the second and final Test of West Indies series:
Shakib Al Hasan (Captain), Soumya Sarker, Md Mithun, Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmud Ullah, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Mustafizur Rahman, Taijul Islam, Naeem Hasan, Ariful Haque, Syed Khaled Ahmed, Shadman Islam.
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- Science-Technology Fair begins in Adamdighi
- 3 brother detained for stabbing elder
- RAB detained 4 robbers in Capital
- After 5 Tk’s food students getting toilet
- Conflict of authority hampers academic process
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- DU expels 63 students for life
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Mashrafe playing despite 14 stitches in hand
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- DNCC, DSCC polls: No motorcycle ply for 72 hrs