Moyna; a brave woman entrepreneur
Published: 02:56 PM, 29 January 2020
Shahnaz Khatun Moyna
Shahnaz Khatun Moyna, a brave woman entrepreneur and daughter of Joynul Abedin of Bohober Vita village at Thanahat UP in Chilmari Upazila of Kurigram. She started poultry farming to introduce herself as a successful farmer and a successful woman.
Moyna is the youngest among four siblings — as she is the youngest, her parents, siblings used to give her Tk 5-10 on various occasions such as Eid, Pohela Boishakh. Moyna saved that money instead of spending.
In March 2007, She got interested in farming after hearing the speech of Upazila livestock officers on poultry farming in a 10-day village-based VDP basic training. Then in March 2012, she took a 42-day general Ansar basic training from Ansar-VDP Academy in Shafipur, Gazipur. There she got the inspiration for self-employment.
Then in March 2014, she took a 42-day basic computer training based on the profession at SM Barrack Ansar-VDP basic Computer Training Center in Gaibandha.
She completed academic studies from Kurigram Alia Madrasa through Kamil Pass in 2018. Later, she decided to do poultry and pigeon farming in a small range with the savings of Tk 1500.
Then at the beginning of 2019, she started a farm with 60 baby ducks with a fund of Tk 1500 and bought 200 babies by taking a loan of Tk 20,000 from Uddipon NGO and at the end of December 2019, she purchased 200 more babies by expanding her poultry with a cost of Tk 7000. She also started pigeons rearing at home where the number of pigeons stands at 35.
Shahnaz Khatun Moyna said, “I would like to be involved with the poultry farm with agriculture. I have also passed the Teacher Registration Examination for the post of Assistant Moulavi. As an alternative to my income, I attended Kurigram Homeopathy College located at Dasherhat in Kurigram Sadar upazila.”
“I took the final exam of the diploma course in January. In June 2019, I was trained as a female Ansar platoon commander in Chilmari Upazila to devote myself to the service of the country. I am also serving as platoon commander of Woman Ansar.”
“I want to represent myself as a successful poultry farmer and a successful woman. This self-employment activity will continue. I want everyone’s help and blessings,” Shahnaz Khatun Moyna also said.
Golam Mostafa Ranga, Accountant of the District Ansar VDP office, told Daily Bangladesh that women are less enthusiastic about such self-employment. “Shahnaz Khatun Moyna’s self-employment effort will make her role model for the country in the future.”
He wished Shahnaz Khatun Moyna’s bright future and urged all to come forward to assist her.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks