Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
Published: 07:12 PM, 22 August 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
When Pritilota was in third-grade, her day laborer father Prosanto Saha died suddenly. Then her mother Sujata Saha fallen in trouble with two daughters Mousumi and Pritilata. She was bound to do garment work with two daughters due to poverty. But there she could not carry out well.
Sujata had to come to her father’s land with two daughters. Sujata’s only brother Manoj Saha was living in a house of her father’s land as much as they had. In such misery days, neighbor uncles Agni Saha and Protab Saha sheltered them. They give them a chance to live in a thicket of houses on their own land. Pritilata now is living in Baroipara, Mostobapur village of Kaliganj, Jhenaidah.
Pritilata, a student of ninth-grade of Mostobapur Secondary School, one kilometer away from home. In childhood, she went to school in-lap. As she grows up, it is not now possible. A person bought a wheelchair to see her trouble. But as the wheelchair broke, it is not possible to buy another due to lack of money.
Pritilata’s mother Sujata Saha said that she gave married to her eldest daughter Mousumi. The little girl Pritilata has been physically disabled since birth. She can not walk and has to do all the work with the help of others.
Pritilata said that she does not want to be burdened with such a body for others throughout her life. She wants to be a real human with removing her sorrows by learning education. If she will have a chance she would like to give a smile on helpless faces like her.
Pritilata’s maternal uncle Manoj Saha said that Pritilata’s father died in 2009. He had nothing of wealth. So her sister Sujata Saha left her husband’s house and moved here in 2011. But here too they have a little land where they can live comfortably. Due to their helplessness, their uncles have given them a chance to live and build a cottage on their land where the mother and daughters are living.
“I am a poor man myself,” Manoj added. “Work at another person’s store and run the family. Still, I usually help Pritilata and them.”
Mizanur Rahman, principal of Mostabapur Secondary School, said, “Pritilata was very helpless but talented. In the midst of extreme poverty, her mother runs the family by tutoring to the village children as well as carries out Pritilata’s education. Being good at education the school teachers provide all kinds of assistance to Pritilata,” he added.
- Talks with Cameron: Suu Kyi lies over Rohingyas’ identity
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?