Mother with dead daughter in VR show
Published: 09:37 PM, 18 February 2020
A heartbreaking video has been released in where a mother met with her daughter who was dead six years ago via advanced virtual reality arranged by South Korean technologists- Arab News.
The footage began with the girl who died of leukaemia in 2016 emerging from behind a pile of wood in a park, as if playing hide-and-seek.
“Mum, where have you been?” she asks. “I’ve missed you a lot. Have you missed me?”
Tears streaming down her face, Jang Ji-sung reached out toward her, wracked with emotion. The technicians also cried when they saw such a heartbreaking scene.
“I have missed you Na-yeon,” she told the computer-generated six-year-old, her hands moving to stroke her hair.
But in the real world, Jang was standing in front of a studio green screen, wearing a virtual reality headset and touch-sensitive gloves, her daughter’s ashes in a locket around her neck.
The technicians said that the animation was first made by taking pictures of Na-yeon. Later the animation was attached to the VR box and the sensor hand gloves.
- 4 killed in Rangpur train crash
- 350 US citizens to fly for home this evening
- US singer Joe Diffie dies of coronavirus
- 62 in isolation, 32 in quarantine
- Three coronavirus patients above 60 recover
- NBR remains open on holidays
- 19 of coronavirus patients recover fully
- COVID-19: 7 Bangladeshis die in NY a day!
- UNO provides food to hunger beaten people
- Heat wave likely to continue
- Coronavirus case rises to 49 in country
- Sample of woman collected, 10 houses locked down
- Shining Dhaka with clean air-clear sky
- Citywide quarantine in Moscow
- Nobel Prize winner Malala in quarantine
- Enlist of Bangladeshis trapped in India underway
- T20 World Cup uncertain yet
- Comedian Ken Shimura died of coronavirus
- Worker dies in fever, breathing problems in Sherpur
- Corona epidemic: Spain record 821 more deaths in a day
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- New York reports 237 new deaths in 1 day
- Syria confirms first coronavirus death
- 8 killed in Philippine plane crash
- Spain sees highest Covid-19 deaths in a day
- Covid-19 hits Mumbai slums, catastrophe predicted
- ‘Swapnataru’ comes forward in coronavirus crisis
- Coronavirus spreads from pangolins!
- Xavi ‘ready’ to take charge of Barca
- Baraka Group provides 700 protection equipment for Sylhet
- All News »
- 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 345,289
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to 38 million globally
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
- One more dies of coronavirus in Bangladesh
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- 3 doctors die of Corona in Philippines
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Spain sees record 514 deaths in one day
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- Now man dies from ‘hantavirus’ in China, 32 tested positive
- US lawyer files $20 tn indemnity against China
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- India to go into full lockdown from midnight
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- Sanitizers free of cost in Bangladesh!
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Italy registers 59,138 coronavirus cases, 5,476 dead
- WHO’s high-alert: COVID-19 infection to hit .4 million (update list)