More world leaders greet Sheikh Hasina
Published: 08:55 PM, 10 January 2019 Updated: 09:01 PM, 10 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
President of Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Yong Nam today extended his warm congratulations to Bangladesh Premier and Awami League President Sheikh Hasina on her party’s absolute victory in the 11th parliamentary elections.
“Your resumption is a manifestation of deep trust and support of the people of Bangladesh toward you,” he along with the DPRK (North Korea) Prime Minister Pak Pong JU said in a joint congratulatory message to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
He said Bangladesh is achieving the unprecedented success in the struggle to materialize the dream of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to build Bangladesh as a “Sonar Bangla”.
Thai Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha (Rtd) has also extended his heartiest congratulations to Bangladesh Premier and Awami League President Sheikh Hasina on her party’s absolute victory in the 11th parliamentary elections.
“I wish to express my sincere congratulations to Your Excellency on your re-election as Prime Minister of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh for a fourth term,” he said
Thai premier said his government is determined to work closely with Bangladesh premier for the mutual benefits of two countries and peoples.
“In the past decade, Thailand has cooperated closely with past governments under Your Excellency’s leadership, leading to an enhanced partnership between our two countries in many areas, especially trade and investment and development cooperation,” he mentioned.
Earlier, Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri has also extended his warmest congratulations to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on the occasion of her re-election as the prime minister of Bangladesh for the fourth time.
“Your re-election reflects the high confidence the Bangladesh people have reposed in your leadership and expertise,” he said in a congratulatory message to Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday.
Mentioning that Lebanon’s friendship with Bangladesh has deep roots, the Lebanese premier said: “In my capacity I will ensure that the ties between our two countries are further strengthened.”
Former chief minister (CM) of Indian State of Assam Tarun Gogoi phoned Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday and extended his heartiest congratulations to her on her re-election as the prime minister for the fourth time.
“Tarun Gogoi phoned Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina around 9:30 pm and greeted her on her re-election as the prime minister for the fourth time,” PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told the correspondent.
During nearly six-minute conversation, he said, the prime minister invited Tarun Gogoi, also Assam Congress president, to visit Bangladesh.
Accepting the invitation, the ex-Assam chief minister said he will visit to Bangladesh soon.
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Priya`s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Tamim to lead Tigers in SL tour
- PM reaches London
- Mashrafe rule out of Sri Lanka tour
- Jamuna devours over 300 houses
- Municipal services halted in Mathbaria, extreme sufferings
- Kid drowns in Gabindaganj floodwater
- AL to hold joint meeting Saturday
- Minni sent to jail
- PM to join envoys’ conference in London tomorrow
- Tendulkar inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- ‘All must come forward to destroy Aedes mosquitoes origin’
- `Study in India` fair starts in Dhaka
- Cricket is not a sport: Russia
- ICC introduces new rule on substitute player
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Magnitude 5.5 quake jolts Bangladesh
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- 3 more bodies recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach