More world leaders greet Sheikh Hasina
Published: 08:55 PM, 10 January 2019 Updated: 09:01 PM, 10 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
President of Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Yong Nam today extended his warm congratulations to Bangladesh Premier and Awami League President Sheikh Hasina on her party’s absolute victory in the 11th parliamentary elections.
“Your resumption is a manifestation of deep trust and support of the people of Bangladesh toward you,” he along with the DPRK (North Korea) Prime Minister Pak Pong JU said in a joint congratulatory message to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
He said Bangladesh is achieving the unprecedented success in the struggle to materialize the dream of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to build Bangladesh as a “Sonar Bangla”.
Thai Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha (Rtd) has also extended his heartiest congratulations to Bangladesh Premier and Awami League President Sheikh Hasina on her party’s absolute victory in the 11th parliamentary elections.
“I wish to express my sincere congratulations to Your Excellency on your re-election as Prime Minister of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh for a fourth term,” he said
Thai premier said his government is determined to work closely with Bangladesh premier for the mutual benefits of two countries and peoples.
“In the past decade, Thailand has cooperated closely with past governments under Your Excellency’s leadership, leading to an enhanced partnership between our two countries in many areas, especially trade and investment and development cooperation,” he mentioned.
Earlier, Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri has also extended his warmest congratulations to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on the occasion of her re-election as the prime minister of Bangladesh for the fourth time.
“Your re-election reflects the high confidence the Bangladesh people have reposed in your leadership and expertise,” he said in a congratulatory message to Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday.
Mentioning that Lebanon’s friendship with Bangladesh has deep roots, the Lebanese premier said: “In my capacity I will ensure that the ties between our two countries are further strengthened.”
Former chief minister (CM) of Indian State of Assam Tarun Gogoi phoned Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday and extended his heartiest congratulations to her on her re-election as the prime minister for the fourth time.
“Tarun Gogoi phoned Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina around 9:30 pm and greeted her on her re-election as the prime minister for the fourth time,” PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told the correspondent.
During nearly six-minute conversation, he said, the prime minister invited Tarun Gogoi, also Assam Congress president, to visit Bangladesh.
Accepting the invitation, the ex-Assam chief minister said he will visit to Bangladesh soon.
- Girl commits suicide in Capital
- Bangladesh to be poverty free by 2030: Kamal
- Israel strikes Gaza after rocket hits house
- British MPs bid to take control over Brexit
- Nation observes one-minute `blackout`
- At least 18 dead as floods sweep Iran
- National anthem to be sung simultaneously nationwide tomorrow
- President visits Combined Military Hardware Display
- Fruits that burn fat like crazy
- Paleontologists report world`s biggest Tyrannosaurus rex
- Probe into case against Shahidul to remain halted
- JCD leader held over derogatory remarks on Liberation War
- ACC`s charge sheet accused 12 incl Sonali Bank GM
- BCB to sell jersey ahead of World Cup
- Argentina players don`t deserve to wear the shirt: Maradona
- DAE upbeat on bumper mango production
- DCCI urged Chinese investors
- Zidane starts operation Mbappe
- Chhagalnaiya upazila election stayed
- Savar National Memorial prepared for 26 Mar
- Mymensingh City Corp polls May 5
- 1.35m HSC examinee this yr
- Ducsu VP, AGS’ support over job entry age extn movt
- Abahani beat Mohammedan to stay top
- Case filed over SAU`s Wasim murder
- Avijit murder case shifted to ATT for trial
- Griffith appointed Australia bowling coach
- Kamal for amplify value of harmony
- Dipu Moni calls month long ‘Coaching’ shut
- Biogas brings a better life to rural women
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- Mozambique cyclone: death toll over 400
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- Bangladesh eliminated from AFC U-23 Championship
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- Mustafiz gets hitched
- HC revokes bail of Subarnachar rape accused
- 3 killed as train hits motobike in Gopalganj
- Drive launches to arrest Rangamati separatists
- Colourful Career of the Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh Army
- 2nd phase of polls in 116 UZs underway
- Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery decision today
- Singer Shahnaj Rahmatullah dies