More world leaders greet Sheikh Hasina
Published: 08:55 PM, 10 January 2019 Updated: 09:01 PM, 10 January 2019
President of Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Yong Nam today extended his warm congratulations to Bangladesh Premier and Awami League President Sheikh Hasina on her party’s absolute victory in the 11th parliamentary elections.
“Your resumption is a manifestation of deep trust and support of the people of Bangladesh toward you,” he along with the DPRK (North Korea) Prime Minister Pak Pong JU said in a joint congratulatory message to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
He said Bangladesh is achieving the unprecedented success in the struggle to materialize the dream of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to build Bangladesh as a “Sonar Bangla”.
Thai Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha (Rtd) has also extended his heartiest congratulations to Bangladesh Premier and Awami League President Sheikh Hasina on her party’s absolute victory in the 11th parliamentary elections.
“I wish to express my sincere congratulations to Your Excellency on your re-election as Prime Minister of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh for a fourth term,” he said
Thai premier said his government is determined to work closely with Bangladesh premier for the mutual benefits of two countries and peoples.
“In the past decade, Thailand has cooperated closely with past governments under Your Excellency’s leadership, leading to an enhanced partnership between our two countries in many areas, especially trade and investment and development cooperation,” he mentioned.
Earlier, Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri has also extended his warmest congratulations to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on the occasion of her re-election as the prime minister of Bangladesh for the fourth time.
“Your re-election reflects the high confidence the Bangladesh people have reposed in your leadership and expertise,” he said in a congratulatory message to Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday.
Mentioning that Lebanon’s friendship with Bangladesh has deep roots, the Lebanese premier said: “In my capacity I will ensure that the ties between our two countries are further strengthened.”
Former chief minister (CM) of Indian State of Assam Tarun Gogoi phoned Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday and extended his heartiest congratulations to her on her re-election as the prime minister for the fourth time.
“Tarun Gogoi phoned Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina around 9:30 pm and greeted her on her re-election as the prime minister for the fourth time,” PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told the correspondent.
During nearly six-minute conversation, he said, the prime minister invited Tarun Gogoi, also Assam Congress president, to visit Bangladesh.
Accepting the invitation, the ex-Assam chief minister said he will visit to Bangladesh soon.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today