More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
Published: 07:55 PM, 25 April 2019
The ‘National Implementation Committee for the Celebration of the Birth Centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’ is forming another sub-committee to celebrate the 100th birth anniversary of the architect of independent Bangladesh, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at the grassroots level.
The committee, ‘the Sub-committee for Division, District and Upazila Celebration,’ is being formed comprising with the representatives from bankers, economists, business communities, journalists, politicians and other important persons of the country, according to sources related to the national implementation committee for the birth centenary celebration.
The sub-committee will support the implementation committee to organize different programs across the country, the sources informed.
They also informed that the implementation committee has already formed eight sub-committees comprising the representatives from different fields to implement the biggest-ever nationwide programs marking the birth centenary.
The eight sub-committees are ‘the Sub-committee for organizing the Seminar, Workshop and Discussion Meetings’, led by Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni, ‘the Sub-committee for the International Programs and Communication,’ led by Foreign Affairs Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen , ‘the Sub-committee for the Cultural Programs and Exhibitions,’ led by Lawmaker Asaduzzaman Noor, ‘the Sub-committee for the Publication and Literature,’ led by former Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith, ‘the Sub-committee for the International Publication and Translation,’ led by Professor Dr Fakrul Alam, ‘the Sub-committee for Organizing the Sports and International Tournament’, led by State Minister for Youth and Sports Zahid Ahsan Russel, ‘the Sub-committee for the Media Publicity and Documentation,’ led by Information Minister Dr Hasan Mahmood and ‘the Sub-committee for the Films and Documentary’, led by Film Director and Artist Syad Hassan Imam.
Every sub-committee has been formed comprising the representatives from the related fields and they will support the implementation committee to celebrate the legendary leader’s birth centenary from March 17, 2020 to March 17, 2021.
Earlier, the government formed a 102-member national committee for the nationwide celebration of the birth centenary. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been made the president of the committee, while PM’s former principal secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury became member secretary.
The committee is formulating year-long policy, plan and program to celebrate the 100th birth anniversary of Bangabandhu at the national level.
Another 61-member committee titled “National Implementation Committee for the Celebration of the Birth Centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman” has been constituted.
National Professor Rafiqul Islam and PM’s former principal secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury have been made president and chief coordinator of the committee respectively.
- 6-10 Pakistan soldiers killed by Indian army
- Councillor Rajib placed on 14-day remand
- 30 killed as bus skids off road, bursts into flames
- 9 new HC judges to take oath today
- T20 WC Qualifier: Canada faces Nigeria today
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- Four to die for murder in Faridpur
- DIG Bajlur of JD arrested for possessing illegal money
- Rohit`s 212 put India on top
- Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
- 4 killed in cops-mob clash following facebook post
- Khulna beat Rajshahi in NCL 2nd round
- BCB to issue T-Ten NOC through talks
- Auto-driver killed after being hit by pickup
- Investigations are being made about many others: Quader
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- BUET students’ call off protests
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault