More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
Published: 07:55 PM, 25 April 2019
The ‘National Implementation Committee for the Celebration of the Birth Centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’ is forming another sub-committee to celebrate the 100th birth anniversary of the architect of independent Bangladesh, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at the grassroots level.
The committee, ‘the Sub-committee for Division, District and Upazila Celebration,’ is being formed comprising with the representatives from bankers, economists, business communities, journalists, politicians and other important persons of the country, according to sources related to the national implementation committee for the birth centenary celebration.
The sub-committee will support the implementation committee to organize different programs across the country, the sources informed.
They also informed that the implementation committee has already formed eight sub-committees comprising the representatives from different fields to implement the biggest-ever nationwide programs marking the birth centenary.
The eight sub-committees are ‘the Sub-committee for organizing the Seminar, Workshop and Discussion Meetings’, led by Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni, ‘the Sub-committee for the International Programs and Communication,’ led by Foreign Affairs Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen , ‘the Sub-committee for the Cultural Programs and Exhibitions,’ led by Lawmaker Asaduzzaman Noor, ‘the Sub-committee for the Publication and Literature,’ led by former Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith, ‘the Sub-committee for the International Publication and Translation,’ led by Professor Dr Fakrul Alam, ‘the Sub-committee for Organizing the Sports and International Tournament’, led by State Minister for Youth and Sports Zahid Ahsan Russel, ‘the Sub-committee for the Media Publicity and Documentation,’ led by Information Minister Dr Hasan Mahmood and ‘the Sub-committee for the Films and Documentary’, led by Film Director and Artist Syad Hassan Imam.
Every sub-committee has been formed comprising the representatives from the related fields and they will support the implementation committee to celebrate the legendary leader’s birth centenary from March 17, 2020 to March 17, 2021.
Earlier, the government formed a 102-member national committee for the nationwide celebration of the birth centenary. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been made the president of the committee, while PM’s former principal secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury became member secretary.
The committee is formulating year-long policy, plan and program to celebrate the 100th birth anniversary of Bangabandhu at the national level.
Another 61-member committee titled “National Implementation Committee for the Celebration of the Birth Centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman” has been constituted.
National Professor Rafiqul Islam and PM’s former principal secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury have been made president and chief coordinator of the committee respectively.
- Mango bean for diabetes control
- Maritime ports asked to hoist signal 3
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad