Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
Published: 12:44 PM, 9 November 2019 Updated: 02:16 PM, 9 November 2019
The examinations of Junior School Certificate (JSC) and Junior Dakhil Certificate (JDC), scheduled for Monday, have been postponed due to the very severe cyclonic storm “Bulbul”.
Public Relations Officer of Education Ministry Mohammad Abul Khayer confirmed the information to Daily Bangladesh on Saturday afternoon.
The examinations of JSC and JDC, which was scheduled for November 11, have been postponed across the country due to ‘Bulbul’, he said, adding that the postponed JSC exam will be held on November 13 while the JDC exam will take place on November 16.
Earlier, the Ministry of Education suspended the examinations of JSC and JDC scheduled to be held at 10:00 am on Saturday for the same reason. The postponed JSC exam will be held at the same time on November 12 while JDC exam on November 14.
The JSC and its equivalent JDC examinations began on November 2 across the country, with the participation of 26,61,682 examinees from 29,262 educational institutions. Among them, 14,39,987 are girls and 1,221,695 are boys.
The very severe cyclonic storm “Bulbul” over the northwest bay and adjoining area moved further northwards and now lies over the same area, said a Met Office special weather bulletin issued on Saturday morning.
The cyclonic storm is likely to move in a north or northeasterly direction and may cross West Bengal-Khulna coast (near Sunderban) by this evening, it added.
Maritime ports of Mongla and Payra have been advised to lower danger signal number seven but instead, hoist great danger signal number 10. Coastal districts of Bhola, Borguna, Patuakhali, Barishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number 10.
Besides, maritime port of Chattogram has been advised to lower danger signal number six but instead hoist great danger signal number 9. Coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number 9.
The maritime port of Cox’s Bazar has been advised to keep hoisted local warning signal number 4.
- BUET deadlock in 38th day: Session-trap fear upturns
- Now Chattala Express survives deadly crash
- 70 years old man dies in Hong Kong Protest
- Israel strikes again on Gaza breaching ceasefire
- Delightful 2nd day of Dhaka Int’l Folk fest today
- Katrina-Vicky secret photos leaked
- People mistakenly thought Toilet as Temple
- India takes lead over Bangladesh
- Australian bushfires raze over 250 homes
- 1 onion remedy for 4 health issues
- Shakib flys to Saudi, not USA!
- Rohingya drug dealer killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Way to cook without onions
- Today’s sport on TV
- Swift says AMAs perform in jeopardy over music dispute
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft
- 2 killed in California school shooting
- 7.1 magnitude quake jolts Indonesia
- Hollywood’s Rock dies
- 3 instruments likely to be signed in PM’s Dubai visit
- Motorola flips for its futuristic foldable phone
- Suu Kyi named in Argentine lawsuit
- Incentives to produce light machinery
- Folk Fest 2019 kicks off
- ‘Iti Tomari Dhaka’ to release tomorrow
- Headmaster suspended for student’s injury
- ICC to probe into Rohingya genocide
- Nepal emerge champions with all-win record
- NASA`s rover to hunt for microscopic fossils on Mars
- Banana twisted with mosquito coils, storehouse sealed
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- 345 shelter centers open at Noakhali
- Two dead, 150 homes lost in Australia bushfires
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- Tomorrow’s JSC, JDC exams rescheduled
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Govt prepared to face ‘Bulbul’: Enamur
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’: 10 injured after 7 houses collapsed in Bhola
- Bulbul hits Kolkata, Kills 1
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Body of Badal arrives this evening
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Dreadful ‘Bulbul’ near Sundarbans
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- 9 districts that will come under signal 10
- Bulbul to cross Satkhira early Sunday
- Tuesday’s JSC-JDC exam suspended