Mominul ton, Mushfiq fifty take Tigers past 300
Published: 11:07 AM, 24 February 2020 Updated: 01:12 PM, 24 February 2020
Mominul Haque Sourav pickup up his 9th test ton with a stylish boundary. The hosts are now leading to a big score with his ton and Mushfiqur Rahim’s fifty. The Tigers scored 328 runs by losing only three wickets against Zimbabwe in the third day of the only test at Shere Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka on Monday.
Until the latest reports, Mominul Haque (111* runs off 167 balls) and Mushfiqur Rahim (84* runs off 117 balls) both are unbeaten and took the lead of 42 runs.
Earlier, Mominul and Mushfiq started the third day from unbeaten with 55 runs and 20 runs. From the very beginning, Mominul played defensive mode and picked up the 9th ton of his career.
Meanwhile, Mominul’s ton and Mushfiq’s half-century have reduced the pressure for Tigers. On the second day, by losing three wickets in 172 runs, Tigers fell into a small pressure whether they will take a lead or not. But the responsible playing of both Mominul and Mushfiq helped the Tigers into a lead and now they are looking for a big target against Zimbabwe.
The Tigers started the day with 20 runs behind Zimbabwe’s first innings score. However, Bangladesh took the lead within half an hour. Mr Dependable Mushfiqur Rahim, meanhwile, picked up another half-century of his career in 95 balls.
Earlier, Fast bowler Abu Jayed Rahi and off-spinner Nayeem Hasan claimed four wickets apiece as Bangladesh shot Zimbabwe out for 265 in its first innings of the solitary Test at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Sunday. Resuming the day two on 228-6, Zimbabwe was able to add just 37 runs to their overnight total with Rahi and Taijul taking the rest of the four wickets.
Captain Craig Ervine was the highest scorer for Zimbabwe with 107 while opener Prince Masvaure made 64. Chakabva made 30 with the help of three boundaries before being dismissed by Taijul Islam as the last batsman.
Bangladesh started their 1st innings in reply to Zimbabwe’s 265 and finished the day 240/3, trail by only 25 runs with 7 wickets in hand.
- Army getting harder from today
- RPMP Police launches home delivery service
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 45,500
- Fake police caught demanding extortion
- Ctg woman who died in isolation ward tested negative for Covid-19
- 18 houses burnt in 20 minutes at Rohingya camp
- All courts to remain closed in 2nd phase holidays
- 4 woman killed in NY building fire
- Champions League suspended indefinitely
- Coronavirus infected woman journo shares 13 new symptoms
- Teenager dies in Bogura isolation
- Govt urges not to heed to rumors ‘If fever, police will take up’
- Helicopter`s door fallen down to house
- Masks, hand gloves increase coronavirus risks
- Housewife commits suicide in Bagerhat
- Dhaka returnee youth dies, no one went near fearing corona
- 2 die in DMCH isolation ward
- Dhaka-Ctg-Cox’s Bazar train by 2023
- 20,000 Brick-kiln workers still working in Singair
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- FIFA to help affected clubs
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Process begins to release 3000 inmates
- OC appeared at that woman’s residence
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Belarus ordered to stop football leagues
- WB to donate $350m to Bangladesh
- Former Marseille boss Pape Diouf dies of coronavirus
- Mass gatherings in relief distribution!
- Holiday expansion notice issued
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Corona death surging to 19000
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- UN urges to ease sanctions against countries fighting COVID-19
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Prince Charles tests positive for Covid-19
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium