Mominul departs for 132, Tigers crossed 400
Published: 01:32 PM, 24 February 2020 Updated: 01:37 PM, 24 February 2020
Captain Mominul Haque is the first wicket as Ndlovu takes a brilliant catch off his own bowling — Mominul departed for 132 runs off 234 balls after the 200-run partnership between him and Mushiqur Rahim.
Until the latest report, Tigers scored 413 by losing 4 wickets in the second session of the third day of the only test at Mirpur Shere Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka on Monday.
After the lunch break, Mr. Dependable Mushiqur Rahim got his 7th ton in his test career.
Earlier, Mominul and Mushfiq started the third day from unbeaten with 55 runs and 20 runs. From the very beginning, Mominul played defensive mode and picked up the 9th ton of his career.
Meanwhile, Mominul’s ton and Mushfiq’s half-century have reduced the pressure for Tigers. On the second day, by losing three wickets in 172 runs, Tigers fell into a small pressure whether they will take a lead or not. But the responsible playing of both Mominul and Mushfiq helped the Tigers into a lead and now they are looking for a big target against Zimbabwe.
The Tigers started the day with 20 runs behind Zimbabwe’s first innings score. However, Bangladesh took the lead within half an hour. Mr. Dependable Mushfiqur Rahim, meanwhile, picked up another half-century of his career in 95 balls.
Earlier, Fast bowler Abu Jayed Rahi and off-spinner Nayeem Hasan claimed four wickets apiece as Bangladesh shot Zimbabwe out for 265 in its first innings of the solitary Test at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Sunday. Resuming the day two on 228-6, Zimbabwe was able to add just 37 runs to their overnight total with Rahi and Taijul taking the rest of the four wickets.
Captain Craig Ervine was the highest scorer for Zimbabwe with 107 while opener Prince Masvaure made 64. Chakabva made 30 with the help of three boundaries before being dismissed by Taijul Islam as the last batsman.
Bangladesh started their 1st innings in reply to Zimbabwe’s 265 and finished the day 240/3, trail by only 25 runs with 7 wickets in hand.
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- ‘Steps taken to compensate poultry farmers’
- Govt to buy 17 lakh tonnes Boro paddy-rice
- Spain reports 743 new coronavirus deaths in 20 hours
- Voluntary lockdown in Akhaura
- Mahmudullah becomes father of 2nd boy
- Coronavirus death toll tops 75,000
- Woman gives birth ‘on road’ for doctor`s reluctant
- World short of 6 million nurses: WHO
- NSTU extends holiday
- Bangabandhu’s killer Majed lands in jail
- All murderers of Bangabandhu will be brought back: HM
- PM announces incentive for doctors, health workers
- Humayun-Nayar Foundation stands for jobless in B’baria
- 6 India returnees in quarantine in Akhaura
- Malik for 10 more labs to detect Coronavirus
- Foodstuffs distributed among underprivileged people in Feni
- 3 Tabligh Jamaat men infected with coronavirus in Manikganj
- China reports zero coronavirus death
- NZ health minister demoted for ‘breaching’ lockdown
- Milon making film stories at home quarantine
- UN Security Council to hold first coronavirus talks Thursday
- Coronavirus: Sample collected from 6 people in Boalmari
- Tisha calls to combat Coronavirus
- Former Real, Barca, Atletico coach Antic dies
- New York extends shutdown to April 29
- Coronavirus case rises to 164 in country
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus