Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
for Rohingya return
Published: 06:26 PM, 25 June 2019 Updated: 06:27 PM, 25 June 2019
Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen on Tuesday sought China’s support to convince Myanmar to start taking back their nationals from Bangladesh at the earliest.
The Foreign Minister mentioned that Bangladesh is ready to send back Rohingyas who are in the verified list.
He raised the issue when Chinese Ambassador to Bangladesh Zhang Zuo paid a courtesy call on the Foreign Minister at his office.
Bangladesh is now hosting over 1.2 million Rohingyas in Cox’s Bazar district and most of them entered Bangladesh since August 25, 2017 amid military crackdown against them in Rakhine State.
The Chinese Ambassador briefed Foreign Minister Momen about his recent visit to Rohingya camp and underlined the importance of the strengthening communication channels between Bangladesh and Myanmar for finding solution to the Rohingya crisis.
Foreign Minister and Ambassador Zhang shared their views on the role Myanmar should play to create a congenial atmosphere so that Rohingyas feel secured for their repatriation and resettlement in Rakhine State, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Foreign Minister urged the Chinese envoy to redouble his efforts so that agreements and decisions reached at leaders’ summit in the past may be realized with speedy implementation process.
The Chinese Ambassador assured that he is taking all-out efforts for speedy implementation of cooperation projects.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN