Doubt in voting
Moinpur School on way to disappear
Published: 06:12 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 06:12 PM, 29 November 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Moinpur Government Primary School in Sadar upazila on the way to disappear in the river under severe river erosion in Surma river of Sunamganj. Students, teachers, and guardians are concerned and anxious about this.
On Tuesday, authorities transferred the school goods to the Flood Shelter. There is confusion over the voting in the 11th National Parliament election due to having polling station at the school. Meanwhile, on December 3, the annual examination of the school will start.
The school was established in 1954. In the year 1982, a building was built in place of tin shade. There was a playground once in front of the school. Due to river erosion, the school’s building now in a risky position.
A week ago, there were about 25-30 feet of land in front of the school. But in a week, they broke down into the riverbed. Now, the erosion is about three to four feet away from the front part of the school premises and cracks in the balcony of the school. The front of the north-south part of the school has broken down. Because of the risk, the guardians stopped sending their children to school.
On Tuesday morning, the school authorities informed the primary education office about the intensity of the breakdown and informed the matter. The people of the area including the President of the school management committee came to the spot. Later, Sadar Upazila Primary Education Officer and PAUBO Executive Engineer came to the spot.
Acting principal of the school, Ila Rani Paul said that the school could be lost in the river at any moment.
Upazila Assistant Primary Education Officer Solaiman Miah said that the front of the school was broken in a week. The rest of which can be broken at any time. They instructed them to take away all the things in the school and take them elsewhere.
“Now, the school is opened in a temporary place in the open space and ordered to continue its operation. In addition, we will send a written report to the senior authority to take action in this regard,” he added.
- Jaya Ahsan in spectral character
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Cox’s Bazar
- FM reaffirms for Rohingya send back
- Homemade delicious Beef Kala Bhuna
- China remains with Myanmar on Rohingya issue
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Treatment and medicine at Tk 5 only!
- Noble to fly for US
- RAB rescues abducted man from remote area, 4 held
- UNHCR praises Bangladesh
- Debiganj UNO office assistant killed in road crash
- Indian Cricket Board getting richer
- Day temp likely to fall (1-2) °C
- China’s hypersonic DF-17: Threat for regional stability
- Bede couple dies of snakebite in Satkhira
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- World Mosquito Day today
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon