Doubt in voting
Moinpur School on way to disappear
Published: 06:12 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 06:12 PM, 29 November 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Moinpur Government Primary School in Sadar upazila on the way to disappear in the river under severe river erosion in Surma river of Sunamganj. Students, teachers, and guardians are concerned and anxious about this.
On Tuesday, authorities transferred the school goods to the Flood Shelter. There is confusion over the voting in the 11th National Parliament election due to having polling station at the school. Meanwhile, on December 3, the annual examination of the school will start.
The school was established in 1954. In the year 1982, a building was built in place of tin shade. There was a playground once in front of the school. Due to river erosion, the school’s building now in a risky position.
A week ago, there were about 25-30 feet of land in front of the school. But in a week, they broke down into the riverbed. Now, the erosion is about three to four feet away from the front part of the school premises and cracks in the balcony of the school. The front of the north-south part of the school has broken down. Because of the risk, the guardians stopped sending their children to school.
On Tuesday morning, the school authorities informed the primary education office about the intensity of the breakdown and informed the matter. The people of the area including the President of the school management committee came to the spot. Later, Sadar Upazila Primary Education Officer and PAUBO Executive Engineer came to the spot.
Acting principal of the school, Ila Rani Paul said that the school could be lost in the river at any moment.
Upazila Assistant Primary Education Officer Solaiman Miah said that the front of the school was broken in a week. The rest of which can be broken at any time. They instructed them to take away all the things in the school and take them elsewhere.
“Now, the school is opened in a temporary place in the open space and ordered to continue its operation. In addition, we will send a written report to the senior authority to take action in this regard,” he added.
- Best exercise for your heart
- Truck carrying aid crosses border: OPPO MP
- Golden jubilee of Bangabandhu title observed
- Palestinians’ pray in long-closed part of Al-Aqsa
- Toxic liquor death stood 102 in Assam
- Sanai’s wedding tunes with ex-Minister
- Venezuela soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- PM releases stamp on Bangabandhu title’s golden jubilee
- Fire guilty should be trialed: GM Quader
- Chemical found! Dail 9556014
- Scout for free from militant, drugs: AG Minister
- Snow to strike Britain again freeze!
- Chemical godowns shift starts
- Tobacco use Loss over Tk 30,000 cr per yr
- Our fight is for Kashmir, Not against Kashmiris: Modi
- Vidya on banning Pakistani artistes in India
- 300 vehicles on fire near Bengaluru Air Show
- Mithila again in love!
- Savings Week 2019 begins in Rajshahi
- John Keats recall; Physician to Poet
- Mendis, Fernando carry Sri Lanka to historic win
- Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
- BCL declers Shovon-Rabbani pannel
- Marshall Islands consider radical measures
- NASA’s new DNA for alien search
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- Guaido defies travel ban
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire