Doubt in voting
Moinpur School on way to disappear
Published: 06:12 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 06:12 PM, 29 November 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Moinpur Government Primary School in Sadar upazila on the way to disappear in the river under severe river erosion in Surma river of Sunamganj. Students, teachers, and guardians are concerned and anxious about this.
On Tuesday, authorities transferred the school goods to the Flood Shelter. There is confusion over the voting in the 11th National Parliament election due to having polling station at the school. Meanwhile, on December 3, the annual examination of the school will start.
The school was established in 1954. In the year 1982, a building was built in place of tin shade. There was a playground once in front of the school. Due to river erosion, the school’s building now in a risky position.
A week ago, there were about 25-30 feet of land in front of the school. But in a week, they broke down into the riverbed. Now, the erosion is about three to four feet away from the front part of the school premises and cracks in the balcony of the school. The front of the north-south part of the school has broken down. Because of the risk, the guardians stopped sending their children to school.
On Tuesday morning, the school authorities informed the primary education office about the intensity of the breakdown and informed the matter. The people of the area including the President of the school management committee came to the spot. Later, Sadar Upazila Primary Education Officer and PAUBO Executive Engineer came to the spot.
Acting principal of the school, Ila Rani Paul said that the school could be lost in the river at any moment.
Upazila Assistant Primary Education Officer Solaiman Miah said that the front of the school was broken in a week. The rest of which can be broken at any time. They instructed them to take away all the things in the school and take them elsewhere.
“Now, the school is opened in a temporary place in the open space and ordered to continue its operation. In addition, we will send a written report to the senior authority to take action in this regard,” he added.
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- New China virus: pharmaceuticals fear amid risk of infection
- U-19 CWC: Japan faces India today
- Drug trader killed in Khilkhet gunfight
- 3 consecutive rocket attack near US Embassy
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- DU expels 63 students for life
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU