Modi appreciates Sheikh Hasina`s bold, courageous leadership
Published: 09:25 PM, 23 April 2018
Awami league General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader met Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi at his official residence; Pic: PID
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi today (on Monday) appreciates the "bold and courageous" leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for Bangladesh`s remarkable success in socio-economic development.
His appreciation came during a 30-minute meeting with visiting Awami league General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader at his official residence here, according to a message of Bangladesh High Commission in New Delhi.
Modi was accompanied by National Security Adviser Ajit Doval, Foreign Secretary Vijay K. Gokhale, Joint Secretary (Bangladesh, Myanmar) Sripriya Ranganathan and Spokesperson of External Affairs Ministry Raveesh Kumar.
Obaidul Quader was accompanied by Awami League Presidium Member Piyush Kanti Bhattacharya, Joint General Secretaries Mahbub-ul-Alam Hanif, Jahangir Kabir Nanak and Abdur Rahman. Bangladesh High Commissioner to India Syed Muazzem Ali was present at the meeting.
The Indian prime minister paid tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman under whose leadership Bangladesh fought and gained independence from Pakistan in 1971.
Referring to Bangladesh`s role in providing shelter to the forcibly displaced Rohingyas people from their homeland, Rakhine state of Myanmar, the Indian Premier said his country wants an early and permanent resolution to the problem. He also supported Bangladesh`s position on this issue.
On the question of sharing Teesta River water between India and Bangladesh, Modi assured that he is trying to resolve the issue.
During the meeting held in a cordial atmosphere, Obaidul Quader conveyed to Modi best wishes from Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and the people of Bangladesh.
Earlier, Quader arrived in New Delhi on Sunday leading a 19-member high-powered Awami League delegation on a three-day visit to India at the invitation of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Later, the delegation visited Lok Sabha.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh