Modern, advanced education to be ensured: Nahid
Published: 03:50 PM, 1 January 2019 Updated: 03:50 PM, 1 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid on Tuesday said, “We are marching forward with a new Bangladesh. So, we have to provide priority education as today’s students may lead the nation in the further."
The Education Minister made this remarks while inaugurating the distribution of newly printed books among students at Azimpur Government Girls’ School and College in the capital.
“We have been trying to refurbish the education system from 2010. Bangladesh is a country where so many books are distributed for free. Girl students are doing better now in every sector and around two crore students are getting scholarships each year. So far, we have distributed more than 296 crore books in last nine years,” he said.
Nurul Islam also urged the teachers to teach their pupils properly. “Morality must be taught them alongside regular education,” he added.
Earlier on December 24, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina formally inaugurated the distribution of free textbooks.
The government started the Textbook Festival nine years ago, by distributing the books among students across the country as a gift for the New Year.
The government has printed 35,21,97,822 copies of textbooks for the students of primary and secondary schools, Ebtedai and Dakhil madrasas and technical institutes, according to officials of National Curriculum and Textbook Board (NCTB).
Over 9.88 crore copies are for primary schools and 18 crore are for secondary ones.
The government has spent Tk 1,082 crore for printing and distributing the books.
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
- Countrywide Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign June 22
- JS sitting adjourned till 3 pm tomorrow
- Areas where gas supply shut on Monday
- 136 official promoted as Joint Secretary
- FSA chair exempted from contempt charge
- `Swajan` service to prisoners
- SC cancels Hallmark chairman’s bail
- Over 40% of newly elected Indian lawmakers facing charges
- Huge crowds march call for city leader to step down
- Have you ever said to father? `Love you`
- Heatwave kills 40 in Bihar in a day
- Journos’ 9th wage-board declaration soon
- Temperature may rise by (1-2)° C
- Pakistan bowl against arch-rivals India
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Momen urges to expedite Teesta deal
- Jail prisoners get high-quality food in breakfast
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight with BGB
- Driver-helper killed as truck overturns
- Saudi Arabia blames Iran for tanker attacks
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Health checkup for Hajj pilgrims begins on June 16
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Holy Eid al-Adha on Aug 12!
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BJP-TMC clash killed 4 killed in India`s West Bengal
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- England wins beating Windies
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’