Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
Published: 07:45 PM, 23 July 2019 Updated: 07:46 PM, 23 July 2019
Mohammad Mithun and Mushfiqur Rahim's fifty helped Bangladesh to a five-wicket win in their only warm-up match against Sri Lanka Board President's XI at the P Sara Oval in Colombo today.
Mithun fell nine short of a hundred, having struck 11 fours and a six in his 100-ball knock in a 283-run chase. Mushfiqur, meanwhile, peppered seven boundaries en route to his 46-ball 50. Mahmudullah and Sabbir Rahman complemented the half-centurions with breezy thirties to help take Bangladesh home with 11 balls to spare. The touring side lost only five wickets, Lahiru Kumara the pick of Board President XI's attack with 2 for 26 off his six overs.
Earlier, Dasun Shanaka's 63-ball 86 took the home side to 282 for 8 in 50 overs after they opted to bat. He struck six sixes and as many fours, while Shehan Jayasuriya made 56 off 78 balls.
Sri Lanka Board President's XI recovered from early loss of wickets as number seven right-handed batsman Dasun Shanaka quick-fired the team highest and unbeaten 86 runs off just 63 balls, featuring six fours and six sixes, middle-order Shehan Jayasuriya contributed 56 runs off 78 deliveries hitting five fours while number four Bhanuka Rajapaksa scored 49-ball 32 runs with four fours.
Lower order De Silva and opener Danushka Gunathilaka added 28 and 26 runs respectively for the hosts.
Soumya Sarkar and Rubel Hossain grabbed two wickets each conceding 29 and 31 runs respectively while Farhad Reza, Mustafizur Rahman and Taskin Ahmed took one wicket each giving away 22, 29 and 57 runs respectively.
Bangladesh will take on Sri Lanka in the first ODI in Colombo on June 26.
Sri Lanka Board President's XI: 282/8 (Shanaka 86, Shehan 56, Soumya 2-29, Rubel 2-31) by five wickets.
Bangladesh: 285/5 (Mithun 91, Mushfiqur 50, Kumara 2-26)
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC