`Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
Published: 03:16 PM, 7 December 2019
Pakistani beauty queen Zanib Naveed was killed in a car crash over the weekened in Maryland, New York.
Rockland County beauty queen — crowned Miss Pakistan World in 2012 — was killed over the weekend when her car hit a curb and overturned into oncoming traffic, police said.
According to The New York Post, Zanib Naveed, 32, was driving a car eastbound on the Inter-County Connector in Maryland around 11:40p.m. on Sunday, when she attempted to take a curve to Route 1 and her vehicle struck a curb and flipped over. She was ejected from the vehicle and died on the spot.
Alcohol did not appear to be a factor in the crash, according to a preliminary investigation. Naveed was the only person in the car.
The married Pomona resident, who attended Pace University, represented the city of Lahore in the 2012 Miss Pakistan World pageant in Toronto, where she was crowned the winner. She also participated in the Miss Earth 2012 pageant in the Philippines.
Her Facebook account lists her as the president of the Miss Pakistan USA organization.
“She had a smile that could light up a room, a powerful personality, captivating eyes, a voice that demanded attention and beauty like no other,” reads a GoFundMe page set up to help Naveed’s family with funeral arrangements.
“She had a beautiful soul and she will forever be missed. Our lives will never be the same without her.”
In her last post on Facebook Nov. 21, Naveed posted an image of herself sitting on a staircase in a sparkly gold dress. “The greatest self is a peaceful smile, that always sees the world smiling back,” she wrote.
- Rajshahi lift BPL crown
- Countrymen living in peace: IGP
- Putin to attend Libya peace conference
- Mushfiqur refuses to tour Pakistan for T20Is
- Private car driver killed in Narsingdi road mishap
- Reunion of Psychology dept begins in RU
- Rajshahi post 170 in BPL final against Khulna
- Anwar succeeds in Squash farming
- 6 held in Naogaon anti-narcotics drive
- ‘He just want to avoid his duty’
- Young Tigers` World Cup mission starts tomorrow
- Doyel’s ‘Toshok’ Int’l Film Festival
- Businessman killed in Rajshahi road crash
- 3 detained in Akhaura with yaba tablet
- Khulna obt to bowl in BPL final
- Huawei launches 5G smartphone in Kuwait
- Youth crushed under train at Pubail
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Cricket Australia CEO to be in BPL final
- Turkey begins to deploy troops in Libya
- Iran strikes were ‘slap on face’ for US: Khamenei in Zummah
- 1 killed in Mirsharai road crash
- Fan waits 5 nights for Pooja Hegde!
- Garlic and Aloe Vera can cure dandruff forever
- Spicy chicken cauliflower roast
- Another one dies from mystery virus in China
- Tamim likely to miss Pakistan tour
- Popy wants to marry as Shakib searching for bride
- Police constable dies falling from roof of police control room
- Two killed after being hit by bus in Uttara
- All News »
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- Austrilia begins camel culling, 1500 shot on 1st day
- Historic Bangabandhu’s Homecoming Day today
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- 60 civilians killed in US attack in Afghanistan
- ‘Unintentionally’ shot down Ukrainian jetliner: Iran
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- British lawmakers finally approve historic Brexit deal
- PM mourns death of Oman Sultan
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 1st phase of Biswa Ijtema begins with ‘Aam Bayan’
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Homecoming Day
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- Gunman kills 3 in Thailand mall robbery
- PM opens Bangabandhu’s birth centenary countdown
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- 63 ‘terrorists’, 25 others killed in Niger army base attack
- Asia’s most costly cricket stadium to be built in Bangladesh!
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- PM to open the countdown of Mujib Year
- Country shivers as 4th cold wave of season begins
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Reaction of Canadian PM after Iran admitting mistake
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- Symbolic return of Bangabandhu after 48 years
- Nationwide Vitamin A campaign tomorrow
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final