Mirza Fakhrul casts vote at Thakurgaon
Published: 09:01 AM, 30 December 2018 Updated: 09:01 AM, 30 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
BNP general secretary Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir cast his vote in the 11th parliamentary elections on Sunday morning.
The BNP leader cast his vote at the Thakurgaon Government Girls’ School around 8:30 am.
Amid much enthusiasm and festivity, voting in the parliamentary elections began at 8:00 am and will continue till 4:00 pm without any break.
A total of 1,861 candidates are vying for the polls. Among them, 1,733 are from political parties and 128 independents.
A total of 10, 42, 38,677 voters, including 5, 25, 72,365 male and 5,16,66,312 female, will cast their votes at 206,477 polling booths of the 40,183 voting centers in 299 constituencies across the country.
However, the election in Gaibandha-3 constituency has been deferred due to the death of a candidate and voting for the seat will be held on January 27.
The EC will take votes using Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) at all polling booths in six constituencies for the first time. The constituencies are- Dhaka-6 and 13, Chattogram-9, Rangpur-3, Khulna-2 and Satkhira-2.
In compliance with new electoral rules, a total of 39 registered political parties are contesting the polls.
About 608,000 members of law enforcement agencies, 66 returning officers, will perform their responsibilities to conduct the election across the country.
A total of 4,0183 presiding officers, 20, 7,312 assistant presiding officers and 4,14,624 polling officers have been appointed for conducting the election while about 1,328 executive magistrates will be deployed and 640 judicial magistrates will work in 122 electoral inquiry committees during the polls.
- PM greets tigers
- ‘I am happy that we are still in World Cup’
- Brazil to face Venezuela early tomorrow
- Last phase voting in 20 UZs underway
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today