Mirpur gas blast: Father dies too
Published: 11:31 AM, 26 April 2018
After the death of child and wife, the father of the child, who sustained burn injuries when a fire broke out at a building in city’s Mirpur area early Wednesday, died at the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on Thursday.
The deceased Manik, 35, who was admitted to the hospital with 95 percent burn injuries, succumbed to his injuries around 6:30 am, said Bacchu Mia, sub-inspector of DMCH police camp.
Earlier, seven-month-old boy Tamim was burnt to death and his parents sustained injuries in the fire that broke out early Wednesday.
Later in the day, Manik’s wife Mina, 28, succumbed to her injuries at the hospital around 2:15 pm.
The fire originated from a cigarette butt, broke out at the ground floor of a four-storey building around 11:45 am and spread soon, said Rashed Shikdar, duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defense central control room.
The fire was spread all over the room due to the leakage of the gas line, he said.