Miraz braces for two challenges in BBPL
Published: 09:32 PM, 10 December 2019
Bangladesh all-rounder Mehidy Hasan Miraz is ready to embrace the two challenges in the Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL) as he got by stating that he has strong confidence to overcome those.
The number one challenge for the off-spinner cum handy lower middle-order batsman is to settle him in Khulna Tigers squad after his three years stint with Rajshahi in BPL and another is to perform up to the mark to take him in the selection radar for the T20 squad.
Miraz though has been a regular feature in Test and ODI cricket, of late he was dropped from the T20 squad and therefore the BBPL turns out to be important for him to showcase his mettle in the shortest format of the game.
“Khulna Tigers is a new team for me. In the last three years, I played for Rajshahi. Obviously it will be challenging [to settle me] and I have to play well because there will be huge expectations on me. So, I will try to give my best,” he said here today.
“I was raised as a cricket from Khulna and now I’m playing for Khulna. This is another reason that there will be huge expectation on me.”
He continued: “I think every match in the BBPL is important for me. If I can play well here, it will be easier for me to get into the national team. So, I’m indeed here to challenge myself to play well. There is World T20 ahead. Everyone knows, if he can play well here, it will be easier for him to get into World Cup bound squad. That’s why it’s a challenge to perform well here.”
Miraz expected that he would get personally a good support from the Khulna fans because he himself is a cricketer from Khulna.
“As I said earlier in the last three years, I played for Rajshahi and the franchise was really sincere to me. But Khulna is my division. As I will play for Khulna, I think I personally will get huge support from the Khulna people,” he remarked.
The 23-year old all-rounder said their one and only target is to be champions in the tournament and they are reluctant to compromise with that ambition.
“Every team has the dream to be champions. We are no exception. We will play to lift the trophy, no doubt about it. We have got a balanced team… We have got some good players in every department and in every position. We have also some senior cricketers, whose experience would be handy for us,” Miraz said.
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- 30 killed in Brazil floods and landslides
- Tabu gets 3 cr bucks for 15 minutes!
- Husband’s name ‘Hospital’ in voter list; wife becomes senseless
- 2 killed as truck rams auto in M’singh
- Mango buds in advance spring
- Barca beaten by Valencia in early blow for Setien
- Death toll climbed to 31 in Turkey quake-aftershock
- Facebook notification stopped
- International Customs Day today
- Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Man United to play today
- Car loaded with drugs sold at police auction
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 56 in China
- 31 fishermen murder accused killed in gunfight
- Hearing on writ seeking stay city polls today
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- Valencia beat Setien`s Barcelona 2-0
- Atiqul to announce election manifesto tomorrow
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday