Miraz becomes Walton Sports Ambassador
Published: 10:57 PM, 12 January 2019 Updated: 10:57 PM, 12 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Bangladesh national cricket team player Mehedy Hasan Miraz has been appointed as the ‘Sports Ambassador’ of Walton Group, the country’s leading electronics, electrical, IOT and home appliances manufacturing company, for next two years, said a Walton Group press release today.
Earlier, the all-rounder was appointed as ‘Youth Ambassador’ of Walton for two years in 2015.
An agreement between Miraz and Walton has been signed in this regard. The signing ceremony was held at the conference room of Walton Corporate Office in city’s Bashundhara Residential Area today.
SM Mahbubul Alam, Director of Walton Group, has inked the deal with Miraz. The agreement signing ceremony was attended, among others, by Walton Group’s Executive Director SM Zahid Hasan, Deputy Executive Director Uday Hakim,
Operative Director Firoj Alam, Head of Brand Development film actor Amin Khan, First Senior Deputy Director Milton Ahmed, Managing Director of Power Play Communication Niamur Rahman Palash.
Welcoming cricketer Miraz with a flower bouquet, SM Mahbubul Alam said cricket is branding Bangladesh around the world in which cricketers like Miraz is leading from the front. He is a very talented cricketer and a top all-rounder of Bangladesh national team.
On the other hand, Walton is the top brand of technological products in Bangladesh. We are going to obtain the global market very soon.
Terming Miraz as a star of Bangladesh cricket, he said Walton is also a star in country’s technology-based electronic products. These two stars have joined together. We welcome Miraz as a new member of Walton family. We want him to be in the top place in all fields.
Uday Hakim, Deputy Executive Director of Walton, said, we feel proud to have Miraz as our Sports Ambassador. He is also very happy to join us. We hope that the talented all-rounder will lead our national team as captain very soon. Bangladesh will become the top team in all formats of cricket. We will win World Cup under his leadership. Walton is also going to become one of the top brands in global market. I wish a successful journey of this pair.
Speaking on the occasion, Mehidy Hasan Miraz said, Walton is a very familiar name in country’s cricket arena. They are not only sponsoring in all kinds of games, but also patronizing players. They made me Youth Ambassador when I had less popularity. They have appointed me as Sports Ambassador today. This is really a great honor for me. I consider myself as a member of Walton family. I will try my best to represent Walton positively at home and abroad and brighten the brand image of the company.
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry