Minni walks lamely, can’t sleep too!
Published: 06:25 PM, 24 July 2019
Aysha Siddiqua Minni, who has been converted from prime witness to accused in the country’s most widely discussed Rifat murder case in Borguna, is now confined in the jail. She could walk lamely and cannot sleep in the night; said her lawyer Mahbubul Bari Aslam after met her in the jail today. Saifur Rahman Sohag, another lawyer in the case, was with him at that time.
Lawyer Mahbubul Bari Aslam said they spoke with Minni at the Barguna District Jail on Wednesday afternoon.
Exiting the jail, Mahbubul Bari Aslam said, besides seeking Minni’ information, “I went to the district jail to meet Minnie for some legal advice. Minni is suffering pain all over her body. She can't sleep at night. She is mentally disturbed.”
He also said police had taught the confession that Minni stated in the court confessing her involvement in the murder. Minnie is seeking to withdraw the statement. So I taught Minni the process of applying for the withdrawal of the confession.
Aslam said that Minnie wants to study while in detention, adding that the lawyer has said quoting the Jailer, “Her application will be approved if she applies.”
The jail authorities would provide medical treatment if she needed medical attention, the lawyer also stated adding that, Minnie was walking lamely.
Earlier, the police took Minni along with her father Mozammel Hossain Kishore from their residence in Barguna's Mithha area to Barguna police lines to interrogate Minni and record her statement.
After that, in the 10 hours long police interrogation, Minni was stuck a thorough analysis of the data available from various media and answering the police tactical and intelligent questions. Turns out it was evidence of his involvement in the murder. Police arrested Minni shortly thereafter.
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?