Miniter assured to ensure Khaleda’s proper treatment: BNP
Published: 04:36 PM, 5 March 2019
BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said that Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan assured them of taking all necessary steps for ensuring proper treatment to ailing chairperson Khaleda Zia.
He came up with the remark on Tuesday after a meeting between a high-profile BNP delegation and the minister at the Secretariat.
Mirza Fakhrul said, “We’ve come to the minister to talk about our leader Khaleda Zia’s illness and her proper treatment. The minister listened to us very attentively.”
He also said, “He (Home Minister) told us that he’ll take whatever steps are needed for ensuring proper treatment to our leader.”
He expressed the hope that Asaduzzaman will live up to his commitment by taking the highest measure for the best treatment of Khaleda Zia.
Earlier, Fakhrul together with BNP standing committee members Khandakar Mosharraf Hossain, Mirza Abbas, Nazrul Islam Khan, Dr Abdul Moyeen Khan and Amir Khosru Mahmud Chowdhury held a meeting with the minister at his office from 2:30 to 3:05 pm.
Amid their deep worry about the health condition of Khaleda Zia in jail, the BNP leader met the Home Minister with their demand for better treatment to her.
Khaleda has been in jail since a special court convicted her in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case on February 8 last year.
- Chikon Kala: Jungal of insatiable demons
- Man City hit eight in Watford demolition
- `BNP’s politics centered on illness of Khaleda Zia`
- Over 100 arrested in Paris `yellow vest` protests
- Nawaz, Iftikhar return to Pakistan side for SL ODIs
- Taylor Swift cancels concert amid animal rights criticism
- Iran issues `battlefield` warning as US deploys troops
- Shakib star as Bangladesh win over Afghanistan
- Judge dies after eating Bidya’s cook food!
- Reason behind children’s happiness
- RAB’s drive in Chattogram’s three clubs
- ‘Action to be taken wherever irregularities found’
- 3 students die in Dinajpur boat capsize
- Bangladesh seals thrilling 5-run win against India
- Four died in West Bengal in NRC panic
- Bangladesh lost both openers
- Blind-deaf travels 130 countries
- Bangladesh restrict Afghanistan to 138
- Action against all if evidence found: HM
- 20-beds hospital still not launched in 14yrs
- Ways to prevent upper lips sweat
- JU admission test starts Sunday
- Murder accused killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president on 10-day remand
- Bus supervisor killed in Natore road crash
- Bangladesh opt to field
- Cops look for burqa woman taking Minni’s photos!
- Bangladesh starts U-18 SAFF championship with win
- Fairytale’s Hiramon
- Talks with Cameron: Suu Kyi lies over Rohingyas’ identity
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean