Ministers of new cabinet take oath
Published: 03:49 PM, 7 January 2019 Updated: 03:53 PM, 7 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The 24 ministers of the new cabinet were sworn in at the Bangabhaban on Monday afternoon.
The oath-taking ceremony of the new cabinet, led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, was held at around 3.30 pm. The President M Abdul Hamid administered the oath to the new cabinet members.
At first, Awami League President Sheikh Hasina took oath as the prime minister for the fourth term and the third term in a row. Later, the 24 ministers of the new cabinet were sworn in.
The 24 ministers of the new cabinet are - Liberation War Affairs Minister AKM Mozammel Haque, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, Agriculture Minister Md Abdur Razzak, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan, Information Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Anisul Haque, Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal, LGRD and Cooperatives Minister Md Tajul Islam, Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni, Foreign Affairs Minister AK Abdul Momen, Planning Minister MA Mannan, Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun, Textiles and Jute Minister Golam Dastagir Gazi, Health and Family Welfare Minister Zahid Maleque, Food Minister Sadhan Chandra Majumder, Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi, Social Welfare Minister Nuruzzaman Ahmed, Housing and Public Works Minister SM Rezaul Karim, Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Md Shahab Uddin, CHT Affairs Minister Bir Bahadur Ushwe Sing, Land Minister Saifuzzaman Chowdhury, Railways Minister Md Nurul Islam Sujon, Science and Technology Affairs Minister Architect Yeafesh Osman and Posts, Telecommunication and Information Technology Minister Mostafa Jabbar.
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry