UN releases video featuring 2 Bangladeshi female pilots
BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
Published: 06:59 PM, 17 June 2019
Screenshot from YouTube
The Bangladesh female pilots become the paragons or role model for the women of the sub-Saharan country Congo.
Recently, the United Nations (UN) has released a special video featuring two Bangladesh female pilots- Flight Lieutenants Nayma Haque and Tamanna-E-Lutfi- brought much pride for Bangladesh through serving in UN peacekeeping mission as helicopter pilots in the sub-Saharan country Congo.
They strive to be role models for local women and girls while overcoming dangerous challenges in the region, according to the United Nations.
In the video, Tamanna was saying, “I don’t describe myself as a female, I’m a peacekeeper. I’m just a helicopter pilot because the machine doesn’t understand who is flying - a male or female.”
Tamanna and Nayma are Bangladeshi’s first female military pilots, serving in the United Nations Peacekeeping Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO).
"We’re a sort of inspiration for the local women. So, when they see us, they’ve the inspiration…the young girls have the inspiration that they should have an education. They should fight for their rights. They should work hard to achieve something because it’s possible," said Flight Lieutenant Nayma.
As a helicopter pilot, she said they carry out different sort of missions and described their jobs they are performing day to day.
“We two were selected as the first two female military pilots in 2014 and that was the moment we were very excited because earlier we did not have these kinds of opportunities for females,” Tamanna said adding, “We felt very proud that yes, women are going forward.”
They find it as a noble job to help others and help the people of DRC and mentioned that to establish women in this new profession is a challenge for them to show their potentiality.
Special video about two Bangladeshi female pilots released by UN:
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 18 killed, 29 injured in Venezuela road crash
- OC Moazzem handed over to Feni police
- Moazzem to be produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal today
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Shahid says fight with Mira can last 15 days
- Tigers take on WI a must-win WC match
- 5th phase polls in 23 UZs tomorrow
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- Class XI admission results published
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- JS budget session begins today
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held