Mexican journalist stabbed to death
Published: 11:23 PM, 25 August 2019
The head of a Mexican news website was found stabbed to death in the center of the country, authorities said Saturday, the 10th such killing this year.
Condes Jaramillo, 42, was the head of a local news site in Tejupilco and was also an announcer on a community radio station.
The body of Nevith Condes Jaramillo was found Saturday morning, found injuries from a sharp object, the state prosecutor said in a statement. Investigation has been started to find out the reason and suspect behind the murder.
Media watchdog Reporters Without Borders (RSF) said that, according to the journalist's relatives, Condes Jaramillo had received threats in June and November of last year, and had sought federal protective measures as a result.
But relatives said he refused to follow through on the protection process due to the bureaucratic procedures involved, according to RSF.
The National Commission for Human Rights (CNDH) condemned the killing and called for an investigation to punish those responsible.
Since 2000, around 100 reporters have been killed in Mexico. Violence linked to drug trafficking and political corruption is rampant, and many murders go unpunished.
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- Ronaldo tearful watching video of his father
- 10 tips to prevent diabetes
- Azhar’s appeal hearing anyday
- India arrests senior Kashmir leader
- Bangabandhu’s Chhatra League can`t be deviated: Joy-Lekhak
- Moushumi to fight for BFAA Presidency
- JU Scam: BNP demands VC’s removal
- ‘Post-rape’ wedding in PS: Probe body finds authenticity
- Defaulted loans: No release for FBL even renamed
- 203 dies of dengue so far
- NRC announced in Haryana, India
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- White House: A monstrous residence